07// DROWNING

CHAPTER SEVEN; DROWNING

CHAPTER SEVEN;
DROWNING

Jaelyn sat against her bedroom door, her baby blue fingernails lighting tapping against the hardwood. She needed a break, the whole afternoon she'd been at a constant battle with herself. If it wasn't what to wear it was what to do, about Argent.
Their conversation had been brief but Jaelyn remember what he'd said, remembered what she'd felt. It was fear, a feeling that use to excite her was now killing her. The fear of things she couldn't understand, or couldn't explain was new to her, and it made Jaelyn feel helpless. The fact that Argent might know what Scott was, he just wasn't telling her.

Jaelyn stood up from her spot at the door and continued to go through all of the clothes in her closet. Every shirt, dress, nothing was good enough. Every time she picked up an outfit Jaelyn could hear Lydia's shrill voice mocking every detail. They had been friends for so long it was hard not to think about pleasing Lydia, Jaelyn gave up so much for her. If it wasn't a debate over what to wear, it was over her brother.
Lydia had started dating Jackson at the end of freshman year, both Jaelyn and Lydia had always been popular but it wasn't until the end of the lacrosse season that people really started to notice Jackson, and Lydia just had to have him. There'd been a big dent in their friendship sense then and no matter how hard she tried Jaelyn couldn't help but think that Lydia betrayed her, because somehow Jackson was just more important.

Jaelyn finally settled on an outfit, grabbing her keys and heading downstairs were she found Jackson raiding the fridge.

"Are you picking Lydia up or is she meeting us there?" Jaelyn asked simply. Because believe it or not Jackson had actually forgotten to pick up Lydia more than a couple times.

"I'm picking her up," suddenly Jackson paused, "you know this is idiotic, I'd rather be spending my Friday night doing anything else." Jaelyn chucked, it was cute that Jackson though she actually wanted spend her Friday night with him, or even near him.

"Oh please, right now you'd probably be at the video store renting the Notebook for the seventh time this month," Jaelyn smirked "maybe they should creat some kind of discount, rent a sappy romantic movie nine times get your tenth rental free," Jaelyn laughed at her own joke watching a scowl form on Jacksons face.

"We don't just watch the notebook, obviously Lydia didn't tell you that there are other things involved when I go over," Jackson smirked seductively taking a bite out his pear.

"That's because I've asked Lydia to refrain from talking about your sex life in order to keep myself from projectile vomiting. Besides, your sex life is probably just as boring as you are."

"Like you and McCall are any exception, he's so backed up all you'd have to say is wet and he'd jizz himself," Jackson chuckled. Jaelyn ignored him walking over to the door, keys in hand. No matter what he had to say it wouldn't distract Jaelyn from the truth.