19// PACK BONDING

CHAPTER NINETEEN; PACK BONDING

CHAPTER NINETEEN;
PACK BONDING

Something that most people did not know about Jaelyn Whittemore, is that she was not fearless.

Atleast not like she had been, not anymore.

Fear did not wake her up, it did not excite her, it killed her. It had been killing her slowly ever sense the day she found out Scott was a werewolf. 

Still Jealyn pretended, that maybe, just maybe, there was some of that confident and courageous girl still left inside of her.

But Jaelyn knew that part of her had gone away long ago, with it her oblivion of the supernatural, and the part of her that had survived the end of an Alpha's claws and a hunter's gun.

All the pretending in the world couldn't change that.

Jaelyn had allowed herself no time to marvel at the fear of it all, the shear terror. No time to tell Scott how she felt, to be honest with him like he'd asked. Shed been lying the whole time about all that had truly been going on in her head, all the things that haunted her dreams through the days and nights.

Jaelyn thinks thats what drove her to the police station only hours ago, temporary insanity. All those lies building up inside her, all the lies she had been telling herself.

You're fine.

You arent afraid.

Lies. All lies.

Jaelyn realized her plan probably wouldn't work, that the Argents wouldn't get caught, due to the fact that this probably wasn't their first day on the job, but right now she had bigger fish to fry.

much bigger fish.

Peter Hale. He stood on Scotts door step, looking as smug as ever. He was taking Scott's mom, Melissa, on a date. One of Jaelyn's many fears, just driving her closer and closer to the edge.

Scott reached out to the door, trying to slam it back in Peters face. But he failed, as Peter stopped the door with the palm of his hand.

"Really? Slam the door in my face? Come on Scott," Peter mused. He was just as calm as ever, compared to Scott who's fear was abandonment in his eyes.

"I'll tell her," Scott began referring to his mother, but was surly cut of by Peters whit.

"Tell her what? That I use to be a catatonic inviolate with burns covering half of my face? Good luck with that."

Jaelyn's heart was pounding with anticipating, wondering what exactly Peter was planning.

"If you hurt her, if you even touch her!"

"Scott if I may interrupt your listing of the top five most impatient sounding threats in existence," Peter began, "try and remember that I've been in a coma for six years, don't you think I'd like to have dinner with a beautiful women?"