18// BURIED ALIVE

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN; BURIED ALIVE

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN;
BURIED ALIVE

"I'll kill you"

The words escaped Jaelyn Whittemores's mouth so easily, it was almost frightening. She meant what she said, every last syllable.

As she stood there across from Chris Argent, face white hot with fury, Jaelyn knew she'd sooner kill then watch the ones she loved die; Jackson, Stiles and Scott; they were her family.

Jaelyn was aware of this the moment she followed Scott out of that chemistry classroom the night in the school; the moment she put her life at risk for those she felt strongest about. If that wasn't what family was all about, Jaelyn didn't know what was.

Chris might use family as an excuse to kill too, kill the strong and supernatural to keep those he loved safe. But unlike Jaelyn, Chris never gave anyone a chance, he would never give Scott a chance.

Chris didn't even flinch at Jaelyn's threat, he just stood there, his expression bored.

"Are you finished?" He asked finally. Jaelyn sneered at him. He didn't know what she was capable of. If she could survive a wolfs bane bullet, two alpha attacks, and the strain of a werewolf boyfriend, not that her and Scott were dating anymore, she could do anything.

Chris nodded, due to his sunglasses Jaelyn couldn't see his eyes, meaning she couldn't see what he was truly thinking. This made her nervous. The silence between them was deafening until Chris finally spoke,

"I hope you know what you're getting yourself into Jaelyn."

"Trust me, I do," Jaelyn spat. No matter what Chris thought, he didn't know everything about werewolves, not the way Jaelyn did. He didn't know the kind of person Scott was or the kind of person he could be, if just given the opportunity.

The older man nodded, taking the keys from his pocket Chris began walking to his car, not stopping to look back at the pack of kids still left in the parking lot.

Soon Chris was in his SUV, backing out of the lot and into traffic. Jaelyn didn't move until he was absolutely gone, more out of shock then anything else.

Once Chris' car finally disappeared behind the corner, Jaelyn let out a breath of relief. Though she knew this wasn't the end of the Argents. Out of sight, but still not out off mind.

"What were you guys talking about?" Scott asked, suddenly appearing behind Jaelyn. She remained silent, then shook her head.

"Nothing. Don't worry about it." Jaelyn turned to meet Scott; his puppy dog brown eyes staring deeply into her blue orbs. They were both worried about what was to come.

Neither one of them said it out loud but both of them knew this was the calm; the calm before the storm.

"Jackson still isn't giving up, Jaelyn," Scott said, "I tried talking to him but it's no use, he still wants to be a werewolf."