09// ALPHA BAIT

CHAPTER NINE; ALPHA BAIT

CHAPTER NINE;
ALPHA BAIT

"If what your telling me is true, you're in more danger than you could ever imagine."

That's the understatement of the century, Jaelyn thought. In a nut shell by faking that she was the newest Beta in Beacon, Jealyn was already in the deepest of deep shit.

How could she be so stupid? How could she fall for a boy that lies to her? How could a boy like Scott fall for a girl as idiotic as Jaelyn? All these questions flying into her head, replacing every answered one.

"I know that-"

"No I don't think you do," Argent said firmly, "I can't protect you now."

"Yes you can-"

"No, you're a killer and I don't want you around my family any longer." Jaelyn's breath hitched in her throat, no matter how much of a beast Scott turned into he could never be a killer. Chris was stuck in his own head, he only saw darkness and never light. The simple idea that Jaelyn could remotely get him to listen to her was moronic, but she needed to try.

"I can help you, I still have questions myself," Jaelyn stated firmly. She would never back down without a fight.

"That doesn't matter anymore. The Alpha needs you to kill with him to be in his pack." Suddenly everything clicked. Like Jaelyn had said Scott would never kill anyone, but the Alpha needed him too. Now she wasn't just protecting Scott from the hunters, she was stopping him from becoming a killer.

"I haven't killed anyone, I won't kill anyone, as long as the alpha isn't around." Chris gave Jaelyn a questioning glance, that got his attention.

"The Alpha is all you want right? Well I can help you track him down, I won't hurt anyone but he will." Chris pondered this idea thinking that Jaelyn, though practically his sworn enemy, was really his only hope.

"How?" He asked simply.

"I can get him to a certain place, send him a message or something so you can kill him." That was it, all Jaelyn needed to say to get Chris on board.

"This happens tomorrow, I want the place in the middle of a woods I'll give you a map showing a specific clearing. This is on you, you screw this up and I don't even have to threaten you for you to know your as good as dead." Jaelyn's eyes grew wide and her knees began to shake. She came here clueless, and she was leaving brain dead.

"Ok, I can do it," Jaelyn said simply. Once the Alpha was dead she could go back to having a target off of her back. Scott would be safe, and maybe the hunters would leave her alone. Doubtful. Jaelyn didn't know what the Alpha meant to Scott or Derek, but the fact was this beast wasn't good news Jaelyn could sense it. Chris left for a brief moment returning with a metal object in hand.

"This is the bullet you requested." Jaelyn nodded in acceptance reaching out to take the bullet but Chris drew back. Grabbing Jaelyn by the arm he pulled her forward until his face was as close as possible to hers. She tried pulling her arm back but Chris tightened his grip, the skin around Jaelyn's arm turning white.