08// GHOSTTOWN

CHAPTER EIGHT; GHOSTTOWN

CHAPTER EIGHT;
GHOSTTOWN

JAELYN
I'd always had this thing about death, it just didn't scare me. I think that's why I loved the rush of fear so much. I knew death was inevitable, I didn't question it. But things changed, and what I thought I knew I wasn't even certain was possible. I have stared death in the face and it is a cold, dark existence. I didn't want to die, but at that moment I didn't want to live either.

The monster had stood before me, its long bulk body covered in fur. It didn't look like a wolf, but at the same time it didn't look like any animal I'd seen either. It's eyes were glowing a blood red, and what should have been a scream turned into a desperate squeal as the creature started towards me. I turned and lunged forward, I had intended to run but my foot got caught on a buckled slab of concrete. It sent me flying forward to the ground where my hands and knees scraped against the pavement. The creature let out a roar, I couldn't see it I refused to see it. I stared down at the ground my hands holding me steady, the monster roared agin. I winced as a tear streamed down my face, this was it this is how I would die, another victim of the infamous Beacon Hills animal attacks. From the corner of my eye I could see something extend towards me, it looked like an arm but that couldn't be, could it? Fingers coiled around my shoulder and I shuttered realizing that it was in fact a human hand reaching for me, the human under that wild monster. I glanced at the arm for a brief second before a shot rang out through the woods, a gun shot. The creature whimpered and pulled its hand from my arm. I herd its feet pound to the ground as it started off into the woods, the last thing I saw was a distant flash of red in the dark night. That thing had every intention of killing me, I could feel death wrap around me like a rope, pulling me towards oblivion. I reached up tracing my fingers over the spot were the creature had grasped me, the ghost of its human fingers still lingering. Suddenly I was pulled from my thoughts by a voice.

"You ok?" I slowly turned my head towards the sound, were I knew what I would find.

"Fine," I said simply. My eye met Argents, his gun still in his hand. The secrets we were pretending to hind were out, he knew what I knew and I knew what he did.

"Did you know who that was?" Chris asked, referring to the creature.

"No," I paused taking time to think about what I was going to say, "but it knew me." I stood up brushing the gravel from my cut legs, I was shivering and the pool water was dripping down onto my face from my wet hair.

"What was it?" I asked. It had never occurred to me before that Argent might have the answers that I was looking for. Rather than Scott who was just as clueless as me, or Derek who just plain hated me.

"An Alpha," he said simply like it was nothing.

"Was it Derek?"

"No he's a Beta, an omega actually." I made a mental note to google all of those terms when I got home, considering I really had no idea what he was taking about.