#1 - Everything happens for a reason

~Tara's POV~

On your 18th birthday, a little arrow appears on your wrist. It spins like a compass, eventually guiding you to one person. I have no idea how this system began but I guess people started to notice it when they turned eighteen.

They followed the arrow until it lead them to someone. Someone that they'd spend the rest of their lives with, without even realizing it. Since then, people have referred to it as the arrow that points to your soulmate.

I'm seventeen, turning eighteen in a couple days. And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous.

Turning eighteen has only 2 outcomes: either you're really happy with who your arrow points to or you want to jump off a cliff because of who it points to. There really is no in between.

One thing is for sure: I really hope my arrow doesn't point to anyone here when my birthday comes.

Because there is no way that my soulmate is in this school.

Most boys here either try too hard or don't try at all. Some are actually capable of being nice however, in which case I return the favor and am nice back.

But there's one that really gets on my nerves. One that knows exactly how to push my buttons, and I swear has never said a nice thing to me in his entire life.

And his name is Kim Seokjin.

Also known as the most annoying human being on the planet.

Just them two words are enough to make me want to strangle the life out of him. Because he has a mission to make me despise him. And so far, it's working pretty damn well.

I can't physically or mentally count how many times this guy has pissed me off. And so, I piss him off too.

Because karma's a bitch.

You see, Jin and I are the same age. The exact same age. We're both born on the same day: the 4th of December. Meaning that we're both in the same year group - year 13.

He has two other friends in our year too - Yoongi and Hoseok. Unlike Jin, they're actually nice and capable of having a proper conversation.

He also has a third friend in the year below us - Namjoon. Since he's in year 12 he's also a sixth former like the rest of us. This means however that we don't see him as much as we see each other.

Anyway, all I know is that Seokjin declared war the moment he began to purposely annoy me back in year 11. In the other years, from year 7 to 10, he was fine - we barely spoke and I never used to notice him.

But now? The boy always needs to make a dramatic entrance and cause trouble.

Like now for example. Here I am, minding my own business and walking down the corridor. And Jin just happens to be walking the opposite way. As soon as we make eye contact, I already know what's coming.

"Don't give me that look Tara."

"What look? All I'm doing is walking past." I says in my defense.

"You know exactly what look. It's that look you make when you see something that disgusts you. In this case, me."

A little smirk forms in the corner of my lips. "Ah, that makes more sense." I continue to walk past him, however his voice yet again rings in my ears.

"I heard you aren't doing good in your lessons, Tara. Can't really say I'm surprised."

Tilting my head in amusement, I stop and turn around. "Why is it any of your concern?"

He casually shrugs. "It's not. Just thought you could do with a warning to not be a disappointment to your little brother. His name's Jaesang, right?"