#22 - Little day out

Tara's POV

"Stop ramming me out the road you imbecile!" I puff strands of my hair out of my face, whilst furiously glaring at the man with an evil smirk.

He happily continues to make his car on the screen crash forcefully into mine, with the spin of his steering wheel and foot smashed onto the accelerator.

"What's wrong? Afraid you won't cross that finish line first?" Jin challenges in amusement.

My eyes roll. "No, I'm afraid you'll speak too soon so I can do this!" At the last second I turn my steering wheel to the left, knocking into Jin's car and sending him spinning and flying off the road.

A gasp leaves his lips and he snaps his head at me. With a victory smirk on my lips I happily drive my lucky car across the finish line, and the words 'WINNER!' appear on my screen. Sadly for Jin, it does not say the same.

"Yes!" I throw my fists up into the air, with a wide smile facing my screen. I turn to look at Seokjin sat next to me, and he refuses to look me in the eye.

"Rematch, now!" He suddenly demands.

Smuggly smiling I shake my head. "Sorry, but I won fair and square. You shouldn't have tried to be clever because that is how you lose."

Jin scowls to himself, leaning his head back on his chair.

"So, what should we play now?" I fully turn myself to be facing him waiting for a response.

The first thing we did when we left our room is headed to the arcade, and we've been playing basically everything here ever since. It's only 1 in the afternoon, but it's amazing how far determination to beat your birthday twin can get you.

I've also noticed the tension that was in the air for these past couple days has completely died down, and it's like we're back to our normal selves. It's made me kinda relieved that we can talk to each other normally now, because it seemed impossible to do that before.

"Can we go and eat something? My stomach's getting emptier by the second and it is not a nice feeling." Jin whines, slowly standing out of his car chair. "I heard they do pretty good corn dogs here. Wanna try them?"

Shrugging, I hop out of my chair. "Sure. I could do with some fuel."

We make our way out of the arcade and into the circular area, with high pillars and clean surfaces. Stepping outside into the rush of cold air, the hot dog stall is instantly in view. Which means the smell instantly lingers in the air, and I hear Jin sigh in satisfaction.

After ordering and getting served our corn dogs, we sit outside on one of the benches. It overlooks the whole resort, from the outdoor pools and water park, to the lounge area and to the stunning scenery of the sky.

"I have a question." Jin says inbetween bites of his corn dog. "When you first found out about us having the same birthdays, what was your reaction?"

I stifle a laugh. "Kind of a random question don't you think?"

He shakes his head. "I don't think so. It's another thing that connects us together, other than the obvious part of our arrows pointing to each other."

Tilting my head, I swallow the food in my mouth and speak. "Well, at first I was surprised that someone in the same year and class as me just happened to be born on the same day I was. Then I was kind of offended you copied my birthday, since you know, I'm born first."

Jin's eyes roll. "Carry on."

I laugh a little. "And then, I felt like I was cursed to share the same birthday as you. Like I was being punished, and the punishment was being connected to you forever."

That makes him stop eating, almost as if I've put him off his appetite. He puts his remaining corn dog back in his paper box and scrunches his face up. "Just a little harsh, but I can't say I didn't think the same."

Pouting a little, I glance at him. "Not that I think it anymore though. So don't pull that frowny face on me."

"Frowny." He mumbles with a little chuckle, raking his hair back and turning his eyes towards me. "So...what do you think of it now?"

My lips curve into a smile, and I turn my head back to facing forwards. "Like I got lucky."

Jin stays silent for a little, before nodding and looking down to the ground. "Yeah, me too."

We finish eating the corn dogs, before disposing of our rubbish into the bin and making our way towards the entrance to the hotel.

As we're walking, I end up being a little further ahead of Jin. There's a road opposite, where cars pick up and drop off guests. The wind blowing becomes stronger, making my hair slam against my face. Sighing, I attempt to puff and rake it away from my eyesight.

However, I let out a little yelp when a single hand wraps around my waist and harshly pulls me backwards. My back collides into someone's chest, his breaths sounding crystal clear right next to my ear, and I freeze.

Then, a car drives past. The driver gives me a concerning look before looking back at the road.

I don't even need to turn around to know who it is behind me. I recognise the pants in my ear becoming calmer, and he sighs. "You really need to look where you're going don't you? This is the second time I've saved your ass."

With his arm still tight around my waist, his pats his hand on my stomach. "Do me a favour: try not to get yourself killed on the second most entertaining day we've spent here."

Furrowing my eyebrows, I turn around to face him. "Second? What was the first?"

When he looks at me, he gives me a certain look. And I mean that look. The same type of look he was giving me on the day we...went to the waterpark.

Oh. I think I just figured out what the first most entertaining day here is.

I sigh, shaking my head. "Of course it is."

Jin face then returns to a safe one and he chuckles a little. "I have an idea in mind of what we could do next on our little day out."

Clearing my throat, I cock my head to the side. "Like what?"

His head arches down a little to fully look me in the eye, and a small smile curves on his lips. "Did you, by any chance, bring a torch?"

I raise an eyebrow. "Why would I bring a torch?"

Jin sighs. "I'm gonna take that as a no. Typical." He 'tuts' at me, shaking his head and walking off down the road.

"Hey, where are you going?" I yell after him, quickly speed-walking to catch up.

"To buy you a torch. Because we Tara, are taking a little journey into the depths!" He tries to say that in a dramatic tone but it only makes me more confused.

When he notices my expression not changing into one of understanding, he groans. "Just trust me that this will be fun."

I debate to myself for a few seconds if I should trust him or not. But, I settle on the thought that I may as well.

"Okay fine. Let's go to the 'depths' or wherever the hell that's supposed to be."

And that makes Jin smile.