#24 - Into thin air

Our walk back to the hotel is a nice one. The moon shines down on us, the breeze isn't so cold anymore and the entire time my hand stays connected with Seokjin's, swinging inbetween us.

We enter the hotel together, but our peacefulness comes to an end when we see the silhouette of someone walking towards us. As they get closer, we don't fail to recognise who it is.

Watching her draw closer and closer, I notice her her expression is a neutral one but it seems as though she's slightly on edge.

"Where the hell have you been? I've been looking for you for ages!" That's the first thing Chunhei says when she stops in front of us.

"Why were you looking for us?" I question.

Biting on her bottom lip, she becomes hesitant when she speaks. "You need to come inside. Our moms want to talk to you."

Well that can't be good.

"Both our moms?" Jin repeats her words. "Why do they want to speak to us?"

Placing her hand on her hip, she gazes at Jin. "Not you," she then moves her gaze to me. "Just Tara."

I blink. "Me? Why me?"

Chunhei shrugs. "How am I supposed to know? My mom wouldn't tell me why, I've just been sent out here to get you."

Glancing at Jin he also gives me the same look. Why does Chunhei and Ahreum's mother want to speak to me in particular? I've barely spoken to her this week, except the day we met Jin's family.

The same goes for Seokjin's mother too. I haven't really spoken to her a lot, and whenever I tried too she just tried to kill the conversation.

"You can tell our mothers that if they want to speak to Tara then they're speaking to me too!" Jin strongly says.

I turn to him, placing my hand on his arm. "It's okay, I'll go. I'm sure it's nothing."

Jin still doesn't look convinced. The thought of his mother wanting to speak to me clearly sets him on edge and it sets me on edge too. Especially since it's with Chunhei's mother too.

"Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook are in the arcade if you want to wait with them." Chunhei then suggests as she too notices his uneasy expression.

Gulping slightly, Jin gives in and nods. "Okay. Make sure to meet me when you're done!" He reminds me.

With a smile I nod, and he begins to walk over the arcade doors.

I turn around to face Chunhei. "How bad is it in there?"

As her face scrunches up at the thought it does not look promising. "I think you need to see for yourself."

***

As the two of us enter the hall where the reception will be held, I can instantly feel the tension in the air. When I walk in I recognise them all instantly: Jin's parents, Chunhei's parents, Seokjoong, Ahreum and Juda.

And when we step in, they all turn to stare at me.

Well this isn't helping.

"Ah, Tara. You made it." Ahreum smiles and steps towards me. However I know the smile is a slightly worried one. It's not the smile she normally gives me.

"Yeah...what's going on? Chunhei said your mom and Jin's wanted to talk to me?" I say lowly to her so only herself and Chunhei can hear me.

"That's what we've all been wondering." She mutters back.