Failed mission

I woke up alone in my bed, Wanda must of only just left since where she'd been was still warm. I rolled back over and fell asleep. I had to admit since coming to the compound my sleep had improved drastically. I think it was probably due to not having to look over my shoulder every second of every day.

Eventually I padded downstairs still in my onesie, I do look pretty cute in it, and found Nat in the kitchen. She looked up from her coffee and looked me up and down raising an eyebrow.
"Suits you...little mouse" she said before taking a sip. Every pet name she had for me made me weak at the knees, but I was determined not to show it. Wait did Wanda pick this one because Nat calls me little mouse?
"Where's everyone else" normally breakfast in the compound was insanity, so much food so many people, always a shortage of toast and someone (me) always spilt the milk. I started making my breakfast waiting for Nat to explain.

"Mission, they're off to find your...erm clone. How're you feeling about that by the way. Wanda said it really freaked you out...sorry I wasn't here.." jeez when do they make all this time to talk about me? I shrugged. It still felt weird to know i had a clone. I hoped it was just a robot that looked like me and not an actual clone. A girl can hope!

"Everyone? How come you're not joining them?" I asked her suspiciously, they definitely didn't trust me.
"Tony was worried you'd do something stupid and Wanda was just worried about you being alone." I frowned at her reply. Bit rude Stark...maybe kinda accurate.
"I don't need a babysitter Natasha. I'm only here to clear my name...I survived all these years doing 'something stupid' and I've been alone for as long as I can remember " I quoted Tony's words back at her. I don't know why I was so irritated and it definitely wasn't fair to take it out on her, I knew I should apologise but I just couldn't bring myself to.

She didn't bite back she just continued to drink her coffee watching me with those green eyes that saw further into me than Wanda's mind reading ever could. I sighed as I sat down with my food and began to pick at it, yeah sleeping more is nice but it's time to head back out into the real world.

"What are you thinking?" Natasha interrupted my plotting. There was a hydra base not that far from here that was on my hit list probably a 2 hour drive. I assumed Stark didn't know about it, no way he'd tolerate that shit show that close to his precious HQ.

"Nothing" I lied, i can totally get out of here without her seeing.
"You're a terrible liar" she put her coffee cup down, "don't make me come over there little mouse"
Don't eyeroll it'll only piss her off...wait did I already roll my eyes. Shit. She was glaring at me now and standing up oh shit.
"Fine" I huffed pushing my food away, "there's a base in the north mountains. It's pretty much empty now, too cold this time of year, easy to evacuate, shitty security...perfect time to blow it up"
"It's too dangerous. Look what happened last time you blew something up" she pointed to my ribs shaking her head, as if she could stop me.
"That was because I was saving your stupid stubborn ass. It was under control until you came along" she was treating me like a child, a stupid one at that, "I've been planning these hits for years Nat, I know what I'm doing. It benefits everyone." It's true, the avengers didn't like fucking things up, me on the other hand...well you could say my reputation was built on it. We'd all win, I'd take the blame and there'd be one less Hydra facility for everyone to worry about.

Nat groaned. "You're going to get me in trouble...show me these great plans of yours and maybe I'll help you"
I started to say I didn't need help but bit my tongue and raced off to get my plans. I think I'd of felt kind of guilty sneaking after her when she was only trying to help.

Half an hour later she was driving us up toward the mountain road ready to help me cause chaos. The plan was simple
1. I go in
2. I destabilise all the reactors
3. Everyone evacuates
4. Bomb goes boom
5. We go home and have sex and probably get told off by Tony and Steve...and Wanda. Oh god I hope she doesn't say she's disappointed in us.