2. Fat Chance

Kim joined our dojo. Best day ever....ugh! I will talk to Kim if I have too, but I don't like her, one bit.

¤¤¤
I was sitting in the hall sketching a new design for a ring. I was thinking to do something for Jack. Maybe something like zig-zags to a kid doing a side kick. Milton comes running down the stairs.

"Guys, wanna know who just won the districtwide spelling bee?" He holds up a tiny bronze bee. Jerry shakes his head. I laugh under my breath. "Here's a clue: M-E." Milton points with the bee.

"Meh?" Jerry says, confused as always.

"It's me, you toad." Milton scoffs. "Who's the man?"  Milton asks when Burke walks in yelling.

"Jack it the man!" Everyone starts chanting Jack. I go back to drawing. "Now thanks to Jack's routine, we've won our first gymnastics trophy in 15 years." Burke hands the trophy to a guy who climbs a latter and puts it up with the rest of the school's trophies.

Jack shrugs,"It wasn't really a routine. I was trying to move fast enough so no one would notice I was wearing a unitard." I snort and he glares at me. I smirk. "When you're wearing one of those things, even when you win, you lose." Jack sighs. I laugh again.

"Hey, show us what you did to win, Jack." Eddie exclaims.

Jack did a cartwheel and a backflip. I scoff at how he won with that. Everyone claps as Jack walks over to me and holds out his hand.

"Care to join me?" He bows.

"Join you in what?" I set down my notebook and pencil.

"Showing the people what they want." He shrugs, still holding out his hand. I groan and take his hand. He pulls me up. "Who wants to see us spar?" Jack held up my hand. The crowd of students went wild.

Jack smirks at me and walks over in front of me. "I'll go easy on you." He winks.

"Oh please. Even when you don't, it's easy to beat you." I shrug, smirking.

"Have it your way." He gets ready to fight me.

Jack comes at me and I try to sweep his feet but he jumps. I get back up and throw punches and kicks. He blocks them and throws some at me. I block them. I go to punch him but he grabs me hand and tries to flip me but I bend my back and land on my feet, sweeping his feet, and standing back up.

"Looks like you lost, Brewer." I laugh and stick my hand out to help him up.

When he grabs it he pulls me on top of him. I roll of him, looking at him.

"You are a cheat, Brewer." I stand up, he follows.

"Not too bad, Adams." He high fives me. The bell rings. "Let's go." Jack helps me grab my bag. "What's this?" He hands me my notebook on the page of the ring design.

"Oh, nothing. Trying out different ring designs." I shrug.

"Is it for me?" He crosses his arms. I scoff.

"What makes you think that?"

"Oh, nothing. Just the fact that it has a kid doing a side kick. And I love to do side kicks." He smirks as we walk to class.

¤¤¤
Milton was telling us about how the janitor caught him and saved his life.

"Huh, never noticed him before." Jack shrugged.

I scoff,"Ok, hang on." Everyone stops walking. "So you're telling me that you didn't notice a 600 pound custodian, but you did notice when Donna Tobin changed her ponytail from left to right." I used my hands to motion left and right.