11. Kung Fu Cop

"I got it! Guys, I got it!" Jack runs down the hall yelling.

I was sitting on the banister on the side of the stairs, drinking a Red Bull. Milton just sat down in a carpeted ledge and Jerry and Eddie were walking over to where we were.

"The line at Game Player was a mile long. I didn't get any sleep, but it was worth it. I am the proud owner of Kung Fu Cop 77." He proudly shows off the game.

"Nice! Yeah!" The boys all say.

"That's cool, Jack." I say, taking a sip of my Red Bull.

"Is that Red Bull?" Jack rushes over, grabbing the drink out of my hand and chugging the rest of it.

"Yeah, totally have the rest, you psychopath." I sarcastically say with a smile on my face.

"I know what you have to go through when there's a hot new game on the market. I had to wait two hours when French Horn Hero came out." Milton nodded.

"There was a line two hours long for French Horn Hero?" I jump off the banister to stand between Jack and Eddie.

"No, there was a line of jocks waiting to see who was gonna buy it."

"Damn, Milton. Damn." I chuckle but Jack elbows me in the side. I glare at him and he gives me one in return.

"Hey, guys." Kim walks in the middle of me and Jack.

"Hey, Kim." Everyone but me choirs.

"Hey, guys. Ugh, she sounds like a bad porno." I lean against the wall by Milton now.

"Be nice." Jack shoots at me.

"But I'm always nice, 'cause howdy y'all, I'm Kim Crawford." I mock.

"Naomi, shut up." Jack whispers to me.

I scoff, "Make me."

"Yo, Eddie, I heard Stacy Weisman in your gym class really likes you." Jerry gives Eddie a heads up.

"Yep, I'm outta here, see ya." I walk away.

"Bye, Naomi." All of them say.

———
"Okay, everyone," Rudy come out with a karate magazine covering his lower face. "I have not shaved in over a month. Behold my full blown man-stache." He takes it off to show a tiny line on his upper lip and a few going down to his chin like a puppet's mouth.

Jack chuckles, "My Aunt Connie has a thicker man-stache."

Rudy gives him a look, making Jack stop smiling.

"Aw, it's cute! It's like a little moldy shoelace." Kim smiles.

"Cute? This is the same mustache that Bobby Wasabi has."

"At least Bobby can actually grow hair." I mumble and Rudy glares at me.

"I'll have you know that it really started bushing out when I tried this." Rude opens his locker, "Dr. Follicle's Hair Fertilizer is the beard and mustache grower endorsed by lumberjacks, bikers, and rabbis."

"Wow, those three groups usually don't agree on anything." Milton wonders.

I walk over to Jack, who's head was resting in his locker, "I'm going to stab my eyes out, Jack."

I got no response from the boy whose arms were hanging down.

"Jack?" I ask. "Jack!" I sigh, flicking the boy's ear, "Jack Owen Brewer!"

His head jolts to the side, making his head slam into his locker with a loud clang. I wince as the boy rubs his head, bringing it out of the locker.

"Sorry. I was up all night playing Kung Fu Cop 77. You go back in time with Bobby and play a bell-bottomed super freak with a trusty girl, pause, friend by your side. Last night, I took out eight ninjas with one disco ball." Jack grins proudly.