9. Wax On, Wax Off

Fair warning, I did not read through this just so I could hurry and get it to you guys. If there are mistakes, let me know and I'll fix them.

My grunts fill the air while I block, punch, and kick at a girl from a different Bobby Wasabi dojo. She was my last fight for this tournament. It was being hosted in our own Bobby Wasabi Dojo.

She flings her fist at me. I quickly dodge, grabbing her arm and kicking her in the side. She wobbles around for a second or two before trying to come at me with more punches. I block every single one before kicking her with all my might in the gut as she goes flying to the ground, indicating I won.

Cheers and claps could be heard as well as groans and moans about how the other girl lost. She held her side, getting up. We both bowed and she nodded in respect, so did I.  I turned around to face my team, stripping the velcro off of my head from the safety guard.

Rudy ran up to me excitedly, "Naomi, you just won a match in the All Wasabi Invitational. This has to be the most amazing moment of your life."

"Well," I corrected, "actually, kicking Jerry in the balls was-"

"Boring." Rudy turned around.

"Did you not hear the part where I beat his ass 'cause he walked away from me while I was talking?" I sarcastically spoke.

Rudy looked at me before running straight into his office.

"Is she gone?" Rudy spoke through a crack in the door.

"Rudy, hurry up. We have Jack's match soon." I grumbled.

He runs out as I sit down on the edge of the bench by Milton.

"It's all tied up." Rudy smiles. "If we win the last match, we're the number one dojo in the Bobby Wasabi chain. Jack, you're up. Are you ready?"

We all look at Jack.

"Well, yeah, but I thought Bobby Wasabi was going to be here." Jack tells our sensei.

"People, Bobby can show up when ever he wants." Rudy states after we all nod at Jack's statement. Just then, a gong sounds into the small dojo. "Or he's here now."

Bobby comes in with a stupid blue helmet on while riding an electric scooter.

"Bobby, welcome." Rudy welcomes the founder of our dojo.

"I'm sorry, I... was hoping to slip in unnoticed." Bobby smirks. "So, how much is my Pittsburgh dojo winning by, hmm?" He hands his helmet to a ninja as he steps off.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. For your information," Jerry stands up, "we're kicking butt. Or as Naomi likes to say, we're kicking as-"

"Nope, that's a me thing, just be Jerry for once." I glare at him. Bobby sits down in his chair, well more like a thrown before he starts laughing and wheezing.

"Oh, that's rich. Almost as rich as my labradoodle will be when I die." He starts laughing again as we all crowd by him. Rudy on his left, and the rest of us on his right. We all give him a glare. I cross my arms over my chest, taking a deep breath so I don't try and punch the living shit out of Bobby right now. He slowly stops laughing, clearing his throat as he notices our facial expressions. "Seriously, you're- you're winning?"

"If we win this last match." Rudy nods, happily.

"Well," Bobby looks around. "let's do this!" He claps twice, motioning to the mat for the match to begin soon.

All of us start to walk back to the bench but Rudy stops Jack. I position myself behind Jack on the bench so I could hear what Rudy said.

"Jack, you can do this." Rudy encourages. "You want to know why there's a heat wave outside? Because you're on fire!"