6. Road to Wasabi Part 2

Jack slams his locker shut and walks over to Kim and I on the stairs at school. "I cannot believe that you told Rudy that Bobby Wasabi was comin'." Kim points at Jack.

"I couldn't believe it either. Words just kept exploding out of me. It's like I had a bad case of liarrhea." Jack frowned, walking over to the other side of the stairs with me and Kim following him.

"He's not gonna show up, Jack. And Rudy will be so crushed. Not only because you broke the Wasabi code, but also because you lied to him about Bobby Wasabi showing up. Bobby Wasabi, Jack, Bobby Wasabi." I used my hands for more emphasis with the words 'Bobby Wasabi.'

"Bobby could show. I mean, my grandfather was his sensei. I found his number and I left him a message." Jack shrugs and sits down on the little carpeted two steps by the cafeteria door.

"This could be bad." Kim states.

"Yeah, remember how disappointed Rudy was when he lost the name-the-baby-panda contest at the zoo?" I cross my arms over my chest before sitting down next to Jack.

"Oh, I know. He put on his crying boots." Jack huffed.

We all remember when Rudy had his crying boots poll attached to the door way of the dojo and cried while hanging upside down. A kid and his dad walked in. "What are you guys looking at? We're closed!" Rudy cried out making the kid and his dad run out the door.

"I know what I said was wrong." Jack slapped his thighs before standing up,"But, I mean, who's crazy enough to believe that Bobby Wasabi is actually coming to our dojo?" Jack asked.

I stand up and slowly walk next to him,"Three, two, one." I point at the stairs. Jack and Kim look up to see Jerry, Eddie, and Milton running down the stairs.

"I can't believe Bobby Wasabi is actually comming to our dojo!" Jerry yells while jumping down the stairs towards us.

"Those idiots." I answer Jack's question.

"Look, Jack." Jerry runs up to Jack with Milton and Eddie close behind. "Bro, since Bobby's coming for Rudy's birthday, we've decided to take advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity." Jerry pulls Milton and Eddie both into a side hug with his arms wrapped around both of the boy's necks.

"We spent the whole night in Jerry's garage writing his comeback movie." Eddie shows us a big pile of paper held together with some string with the words 'Bobby Wasabi meets Piranhapus!' on the front.

Kim and I grab one of Jack's shoulders each and pull him to the side. "Wow, you hear that, Jack?" Kim asks, smirking.

"Our friends spent all night in the garage writing a comeback movie for Bobby Wasabi." I let go of Jack's shoulder and stand diagonally in front of him.

"What's bad about that?" Jack shrugs with his arms out to the sides while backing up to our three dumb friends. "What if they wrote a really great movie?"

"Oh, it's better than great. It's epic." Milton says as I move to stand next to Jack and Kim goes to stand a bit behind Eddie. Milton moves behind me and Jack, making us turn around to face him. "Bobby Wasabi is the biggest martial arts action star in history."

"But now he'll have to battle with the most diabolical force he's ever faced." Eddie moves past Jerry, making me and Jack to turn around and look at the dark skinned boy.

"It's half piranha, half octopus." Milton speaks getting ready to unroll a poster in his hands.

"It's Piranhapus!" The boys exclaim while Milton unfold the poster that had a picture of an octopus with piranha heads on the tentacles.

Jerry walks over and puts his arms on both Jack and I's shoulders. "One..." I speak. Jerry quickly takes his arm off of my shoulder, but kept the other on Jack.

"Eight arms." Jerry says before all the boys, except Jack, wave their arms around like weirdos. At this point Kim left. I don't blame her. I should have left too.

"Nine mouths." Jerry says. The boys bite the air.

"Yep, I'm out." I put my hands up in defeat and walk away, leaving Jack with those three.

¤¤¤
During lunch, I went outside and skated around the parking lot while calling Rudy.

"Hey, Rudy." I say into my phone as soon as Rudy answers.

"What's up, Naomi? Shouldn't you be in school?" Rudy asks.

"Yeah, I am, but it's lunch and I'm skating around the parking lot, worrying about how much longer I can keep the secret from Jack and everyone." I speak fast.

I can hear Rudy sigh,"Naomi...we just need to keep it away from them a bit longer."

I scoff,"How much longer, Rudy? We have been keeping it a secret since we moved here!"

"Naomi, I get i-" Rudy starts.

I cut him off,"Do you, Rudy, do you? No, you don't get it! You don't get how hard it is to keep a secret from your best friends!"

"Naomi, you need to calm down."

"Calm down? Calm down?!"

"Naomi-"

"No, Rudy!" I take a pause,"I finally have friends...and I can't keep this from them for much longer. It's been long enough, Rudy. The longer I keep it between us...the longer I ruin our friendship." My eyes start to fill with salty tears and my voice begins to crack.

I sit down on the sidewalk with my board beside me. "I can't lose them, Rudy. I can't lose Kim, or Jerry, or Milton, or Eddie...and I definitely can't lose Jack. He's the only one that really gets me...I can't lose my best friends over a-a secret that we have kept for years. I don't even know why we've made it a secret." Tears start to spill out if my eyes.

"You know why, Naomi." Rudy sighs.

"It doesn't make since, though. What are you so scared about?"

"I'm scared they're gonna find us and take you away from me. Naomi, what's worse? You getting taken away from me, Jerry, Eddie, Milton, Kim, and Jack, even if they know, or keeping the secret and having you here with all of us, even if they don't know?"

I sigh. I know what the better choice is, but it feels wrong with them not knowing. I don't want to get taken away, but at the same time I want them to know.

The bell for lunch to end rings, making me snap out if my thoughts.

"I got to go, Rudy." I stand up and wipe my tears, fixing my jeans and grabbing my board.

"Naomi. Don't say anything. Not now." Rudy says sternly.

"Yeah, yeah."

"I mean it."

"I know you do."

"Ok, now get to class, Goober." Rudy chuckles.

"You know I hate that name."

"And that is why I use it."

I chuckle.

"Love you, mean it." Rudy says.

"Hate you, kidding." I say. We both chuckle before he hangs up and I walk into school, going to science class.

(I had to use the Ginny and Georgia line!)

¤¤¤
I am sorry for the wait! I will make them longer as soon as I am done with dance. I also just got my second covid vaccine so I'm not feeling the best right now. I hope you guys understand! Also what do you think the secret is?

1254 words