10. The Commercial

Possible TW - drug usage (specifically weed without knowing or remembering and previous addiction)

Kim and Jack were sparing. As much as I hate to say it, Kim was pretty alright. She could block and send hits but Jack kept blocking every shot she took. He got a few good kicks to her side which she flinched to. Jack jumped up, trying to do a spin kick to Kim's head. At the last second she dodged it.

"Sorry I'm late, everyone, but I've got big news." Our sensei walks through the door with a bright neon green shirt on that almost blinded me.

He walks to the center of the mat to gain everyone's attention. "I've been studying acting at the Even You Can Act Academy. Turns out even I can act."

Jack and Jerry look at him. The confusion on their faces could be seen from a mile away. I walk over to the bench my bag was on and sat down. I wasn't really in the best mood today. Everything just felt... off. The mood of today was as bad as a little kid dropping ice cream into a pond and a fish eats it.

"My teacher is Dan Lamont, former star of "Beach Patrol." Rudy turns over his shoulder to grab his gi from a locker.

"Oh, I loved "Beach Patrol." They had Loretta the talking dolphin." Eddie shined his wire captured smile.

"Hmm, that dolphin is all attitude. Talk to the fin, 'cause the blowhole ain't listening." Kim points her Barbie pink colored nail at Eddie.

"Dan Lamont's class is very exclusive. You have to go through an incredibly rigorous selection process." Rudy smugly ties his gi.

"By "rigorous" you mean the free lesson coupon stuck under your windshield wiper?" Jack's hands reside on his hips.

"For your information, Dan himself told me he thinks I have real talent. Here, let me show you guys an exercise we learned in class today. It's called improv." Rudy states slowly as if he were talking to tiny children.

"Improv?" Eddie creases his brows.

"That's right. No script, no problem. Just me alone, pulling it out of my own brain." Rudy shows off.

"You'll be pulling it out of somewhere." Kim mumbles to herself.

Rudy walks up to me, "Naomi, be my scene partner."

"Not feeling it, Rudy. Ask Jack or something." My face stays nonchalant.

"Come on. You and Jack can be my scene partners." He grabs my shoulders, pulling me over to Jack.

"Okay, here's the scene. We're in a..." He looks around, grabbing a stack of mats on a tray with wheels. Rudy pushes it over to us. "We're in a minimart. And you two are the clerks and I'm..." Rudy runs over and grabs a old Phil's bucket and a bo staff. He finally speaks in a terrible French accent. "Ze king of France. Ho-ho-ho-ho." He walks over all high and mighty.

Jack and I lean on the mats.

"Would you care for a candy bar? They're king-sized." Jack makes the three boys and one girl laugh.

"Oui, oui." Rudy says in the same accent.

"Oh, shit, sorry, you can't do that here. Bathroom's broken." I now make the group laugh.

"If you have to go wee-wee, got gotta hold it 'til you get back to your own throne." Jack once again make the group spills out laughter.

"Also, Mr. king of France," I say in a better accent than Rudy's. "Your accent is highly offensive to the French. But uh, can I offer you some dipping sauce. It's French Dip."

The group laughs more and more. Even Jack stifled a laugh.

"And scene." Rudy smiles. Everyone continues laughing. "I said "and scene." Kim cackles and Jerry just laughs point at the sensei's stupidity. "That means the scene is over. You guys, they didn't even do accents." Rudy yanks the bucket off of his head. "It's not funny if you don't do an accent!" He wines, marching out of the dojo.