Chapter 3

3~ That Lady, Mesmerizing

I walked along the dimly lit corridors of the Phantomhive estate. My long sapphire blue skirts flowed behind me as I walked while the top of the dress colored in the same hue was enveloped in black lace. Smaller layers overlapped the large formal skirts while the many black petticoats underneath made the dress larger and slightly more annoying when I tried to walk normally. The off shoulder sleeves draped against my shoulders while my hair fell in ringlets that bounced with every step I took, a blue and black rose sat comfortably in my hair while black lined my eyes with shimmering blue, making my heterochromatic eyes pop. Black gloves reached past my elbows while my feet stood in black heels with blue roses at the tips of the toes. I calmly reached my destination and knocked on the large and intimidating doors of his study. When I heard the faint come in I entered with a smirk.

"I take it that everything is prepared?" I asked as my gaze met with the single cerulean eye of my beloved Ciel.

An annoyed sigh came from him as he sat at his large desk, "Indeed, everything is prepared. It is such a hassle, I truly dislike parties..."

I trailed over to him, my formal skirts dragging against the floor, "Ciel, everything will be fine, I'm sure that it will all go according to plan. I mean, I was the one who helped make most of it." I smirked as I wrapped my arms around him, "Did you send for all your guests? Including that one professor?"

"I did, I sent him a carriage to ensure his arrival. I still can't believe that this is the first case her majesty wants us to work together on!" Ciel was irritated, but then again that's how he is most of the time when he wasn't plotting revenge. I smirked slightly and kissed his cheek.

"It will work out, the guests will be arriving soon though," I replied before he could complain further, "Let us be prepared to host..."

As we walked down the hall together I remember the day my servants and I arrived.

...it was hectic as usual...

(Few days before present)

"We have arrived my lady," I heard Vincent call out before the door to my carriage opened. I delicately placed my hand in his before stepping out.

I was greeted with the enormity of the Phantomhive Estate as well as Ciel and his servants in a line.

"Welcome Lady Sin, to the Phantomhive Manor!" the servants shouted together.

Ciel stepped forward and placed a kiss on my hand, "It is an honor to see you again my Lady."

I curtsied politely before moving to kiss him on the cheek, "I feel the same, my Lord."

Ciel and I went to his office for a game of chess and some tea while my servants went to help around the estate.

According to them, two strange men dressed in white butler uniforms barged into the kitchen and a brawl ensued. Sebastian and Veronica stopped the two with pastries before they were shown to Ciel and myself.

Apparently they were the Queen's butlers, known as the Double Charles. They presented Ciel and I with our first task, one with which we could not refuse. Since the apparent incident with the Noah's Arc Circus and the children, the Queen is questioning the loyalty of her Guard Dog.

I was worried, these butlers seemed too suspicious. Not to mention the fact that one had already accused me of being illegitimate and a waste of the queen's time.

Ciel and I shared a look before we accepted the task.

(Present time)

Ciel stood tall at the top of the stairs while a Chinese business man by the name of Lau spoke to the young professor Arthur.