Chapter 1

1~ That Lady, Transitioning

I awaken to light behind the sheer plum curtain of my bed. I sigh to myself knowing that the time for sleep is over. I slowly open my delicate eyelids and gently sit up in bed just as my personal and head maid, Veronica Thorn, walks in with a trey of tea and cakes.

"Good morning my lady, up early again I see..." she had a small smirk and a teasing tone like a big sister would have with a sibling.

"Well I suppose I'm just excited, it is the day I gain my status..." I replied nonchalantly as I picked up the Earl Grey tea and a chocolate scone.

"Of course my lady," Veronica bowed. Then a large crash was heard followed by shouting.

"Rosalie, Stop mixing exploding potions!" I heard Vincent, Veronica's twin brother, shout at my cook.

"Rosalie! Your potion ruined my new plant!" Another voice, probably Danni my gardener, shouted.

"Stop fighting! You're scaring away the ravens!" the final voice was from my scullery maid Luna. Bickering and shouts continued until Veronica let out an annoyed sigh.

"My lady I will have to go see what the problem is before I will be able to help you get ready, I will be but a moment, excuse me..."

"Understood, be quick..." I replied. With a short nod Veronica left in order to go fix the problem.

I was left to my own thoughts as the door closed. Ciel would be coming to the ceremony since he was the queen's guard dog, other prominent nobility in England would catch word of the new noble and wish to see them in person so they would be there as well. I sighed to myself, why? Why do I have to deal with so many people? Ciel and I have barely spent time together since my manor was arranged. I was able to find suitable servants as well as become reacquainted with the ways of nobility. Also the queen thought it was a perfect idea to have Ciel become my betrothed...not that I'm opposed to the idea. I feel that it would have been nicer if he had told me his real feelings before we became betrothed, that way it didn't feel like he was just following orders. Now I don't know what is true and I run myself ragged just thinking over everything.

Before I could escape further into my "girl troubles" as Veronica liked to refer to them, she reentered the room with a small smile, "Come my Lady we must get you prepared before it is too late. I told the other servants to prepare themselves in their finest clothes in order to be presentable."

"Good Veronica, I hope they behave themselves, I know that they don't get to accompany me as often as they'd like..." I replied as I stood from my warm sanctuary of blankets and pillows.

"Nonsense, it is their job to protect the manor as well as accomplish their respective duties. They are happy to see you safe and smiling. Now come mistress I must bathe you and then we will get you dressed for the ceremony in the afternoon." Veronica pulled out a small pocket watch from her vest and looked at the time as she ushered me to the bathroom, "It is only 9 o'clock my lady, you could have slept in an extra hour. Especially since you were up late last night reading."

"Oh Veronica enough," I replied with a playful role of my mismatched eyes, "I can't sleep in late when I'm not relaxed. I have too many thoughts running through my head..."

As she started the bath I looked around the clean white color of the room, Veronica began putting rose scents and bubbles into the bath, "Maybe this will help you relax my lady." Veronica unbuttoned my night gown and helped me remove it. I saw slight anger as she saw my scar but I did not flinch back like I would to most people. I trusted her, even if she was a demon, I trusted her with my secrets. She helped me into the bath and let me soak for a few moments before dowsing my head in warm water. She then began to massage rose scents into my hair to wash it before rinsing me once more. I stepped out of the bath and was immediately swaddled in a plush towel. I was dried off gently before Veronica placed a black slip over me.