Chapter 11

11~ That Lady, Investigating

(Siren's POV)

She came through, that's all that mattered. I smiled to myself as I closed the small journal before the door swung open to reveal two soaked figures bound in rope followed by the rest of Ciel's servants. I stood and moved towards Ciel, our hands grazed each other as he turned to look at our unexpected guests, I soon followed suit. From the looks of things they had been out in the rain for quite some time seeing as they were both soaked to the bone. The man, an older looking fellow had a blank stare despite being bound in rope and forced before Ciel and the rest of our guests. The woman next to him was shivering slightly, though it was barely noticeable to the naked eye, her thick brown locks left puddles where she stood and her forest green riding dress looked heavy as it too was soaked from the rain.

My heterochromatic eyes met forest green as I dipped my head in greeting, a small smile gracing my lips at the sight of the woman. She dipped her head in return and winked while Ciel greeted the man, "It's been a long time, Jeremy..."

"What? The Earl knows this old guy?" Lau's tone held mock surprise while Jeremy held an exasperated look, I could see from the corner of my eye that his female companion was giggling.

I rolled my eyes as well, "Christine I doubt that's proper behavior in this situation..." 

"My Lady you know these two as well?" I saw the confusion and suspicion in the other guests eyes as Lau asked this.

"Yes, this is Vicar Jeremy Rathbone and his fiance Christine Moriarty." Ciel introduced while giving brief nods of welcome to the two.

"Well then everyone please call me Jeremy," The man smiled a familiar smile before Christine did the same.

The rain continued to pour outside as the rest of the guests, mainly Arthur, began to question the two, "So Jeremy, you are a priest?"

"You expect us to believe such a suspicious character!? These people don't have any alibi to speak of! The murderers have to be them!"

"Now hold on Sir!" Christine rolled her eyes as a very Southern American accent broke through her frustration, "Y'all got it all wrong!" Her piercing eyes focused on the rings on Mr. Woodley's fingers, "There isn't a need to spout such nonsense just 'cause a killer is scaring ya' stiff Mr. Woodley."

"H-How do you know my name?"

Jeremy spoke up from Christine's side, "Well with those luxurious rings adorning your fingers it's blatantly obvious who you are. With a diamond that large..."

"Don't forget the way it's cut Jeremy," Christine cut in with a lilting tone.

"As well as the fact that it requires only the latest of polishing machines, the "round brilliant cut"  It's a rare item not even on the market yet, I heard Daniel Anderson, a London Jeweler, emphasizing that when I went shopping for Christine's ring."

"Not to mention out of all of the Earl's guests, the one most likely wearing that exclusive ring would be President Woodley." Christine concluded before tilting her head slightly, "Why? Were we wrong?"

Woodley looked taken aback at the deduction while Arthur just continued on, "How did you- no, how long have you been here? and for what reason?"

"My, my aren't you full of questions," Christine nodded her head to Bard, "Mind opening that bag?"

Bard set the black bag down before opening it to reveal a snow white owl resting peacefully. The other servants showed surprise at the sight of the owl.

"Earl," Jeremy spoke calmly, "If you would please read the letter attached to its leg?"

I knelt down next to Ciel as he grabbed and read the message. He crushed the paper in his hand before the others could read and looked away almost in anger, "Apparently Sebastian foresaw his death and sent this letter to Jeremy and Christine..."