Chapter 10

10~ Those Servants, Loyal

•••(Third Person POV)•••

All of the guests as well as the servants continued to discuss the situation after everything had calmed down. 

"Well Professor, what should we do?" The young earl of Phantomhive set down his tea while keeping a close eye on his fiancé. 

"Would you mind taking us around the manor my lord?" Sir Arthur asked, glinting determination in his eyes. 

"Of course not, although I don't quite understand why," Ciel replied steadily. 

"I think it best if you took us to see the bodies down in the cellar, that way we will be able to check for the key to your chambers that the butler supposedly held," Arthur explained. 

"I see~! So we need to check whether or not the butler or even the maid have the key on them. If they don't have it then we will have to think of another way to find the culprits," Earl Grey spoke. 

Arthur nodded, "Right, also I think that it would be best if we stayed in groups from now on."

The others in the room nodded in consent. Siren sat still on her perch quietly sipping tea. Her eyes closed, she opened one to give a glance at Ciel. He smirked slightly before pulling her down to him. She landed onto his lap gracefully and, thanks to her reflexes, did not spill a drop of her drink. 

Tuning in to the conversation once more, Siren overheard Arthur say that Miss Irene should stay behind since she was a lady. That had the young goddess slightly miffed. Arthur began to tell the other guests to stay put and soon looked at Siren about to do the same when she held up her hand, "I refuse."

"But my lady, I think it is improper for one such as yourself to see something like this," Arthur tried to tell her gently. 

The beautiful girl narrowed her heterochromatic eyes, causing the man to gulp, "I refuse. I am making it clear now Professor, just because I am a lady does not mean that I need to be protected. I am accompanying you because I could add valuable insight to the case and also..." her look and voice darkened, "They made it personal the minute my maid was killed."

No one argued after that statement and the matter was quickly dropped. It was decided that Sir Arthur, Ciel, Siren, Earl Grey, Bard, and Finny would go look for the key. The rest would stay as a group in the lounge. They made their way down the damp and dark stone steps to the wine cellar. The only thing that lit their path was the gas lamp in Bard's hand. 

"With the mood, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a ghost..." Arthur tried to make conversation with the thick atmosphere. 

"Don't say something like that!" Earl Grey whined and latched himself onto Ciel, "I don't believe in anything that I can't cut with my sword!"

"In that case would you mind walking on your own?" Ciel replied in an irritated tone. He looked to Siren with slight worry in his single blue eye; She kept her face blank...but reached over and took his hand. 

"I thought you were frightened, so I just-"

"Everyone, we are here," Bard spoke in a serious tone, Finny stood beside him at the bottom of the stairs. Bard opened the heavyset doors that lead to the dark wine cellar, revealing the four dead bodies shrouded in cloths. 

Siren grimly lifted her dress and walked into the room, soon followed by Arthur, "Well then, let us be respectful..." he pulled on gloves and the group began their search. 

Pulling back the white covering, Arthur revealed the peaceful looking Sebastian...but something was off, "He's wet!?"

"There must be a leak somewhere..." Bard mentioned.