24. White-Hot

You struggled to breathe as Azriel kissed you; it was such a stark contrast to his lips, which were so soft and wet against your own, smacking, that it left you reeling for a few seconds. You clutched at his neck and hair as he licked into your mouth with the same enthusiasm he'd demonstrated between your thighs—

Mother above, this was a lot.

But fuck if it wasn't exactly what you needed.

Because this was perfect.

Azriel's chest reverberated with a groan as he caught your bottom lip between his teeth. His hands were restless on your back, constantly adjusting to hold you close, closer. Something in the bond flared with approval, gathering in your breasts, making them ache. The same heat then cracked at your core, prompting you to grind against Azriel's abdomen.

It was almost . . . too perfect.

You stifled the bond before Azriel could sense your uncertainty. Because although this felt like crossing a line, now was certainly not the time to second-guess the good things in your life here. You didn't know how long you'd be in Prythian, but that didn't mean you couldn't enjoy all it had to offer, Azriel included.

You came back to yourself when he dug his fingers in your hip, guiding your movements against his pelvis. With the new angle and therefore added pressure against the apex of your thighs, you cried out, head rolling back. Azriel's lips curled up as he kissed down your neck, pausing every now and then to bite and bruise.

"(Y/n) . . ." Azriel murmured against your collar bones. "You blocked the bond for a few seconds, so . . . I can only imagine what you were thinking about . . ."

You almost laughed because Azriel couldn't have been farther from the truth. Fisting a hand in his hair, you yanked his head up, catching him off guard. Trailing your free hand down his chest, you decided on saying, "I had a few things in mind. If you ask nicely, I'll share them."

Azriel inhaled through clenched teeth and then groaned, grinning slowly. "Ask nicely?" When he moved toward the pool stairs, you released his hair. "I'm not familiar with the concept."

You narrowed your eyes at him as he stood on the balcony, adjusting his grip on your thighs now that you weren't in the water.

"You can't fool me," you lilted, reaching between your bodies. You held Azriel's gaze as you grabbed his cock, pulling it up. You ghosted your mouth over his and then squeezed your thighs, rubbing his hard length against your panties. His throat bobbed. "Someday, I'll ask you to be mean to me. But now, I want you to beg. I want you to beg to be in this tight little pussy. Say please, Azriel."

"Say please?" he echoed, chuckling throatily. He walked you back into his room and then brought you over to his desk. Using his shadows, he cleared it, and then he laid you on the wood with a bit more force than necessary. Your hips dangled off the edge, so you pushed yourself up against the wall, confused. "But you're right. Someday, you'll ask me to be mean to you, and I can't wait for that day. And I know you want me to play nice with you right now, but because my patience is wearing thin, we'll have to compromise."

You struggled not to react as Azriel sat in the desk chair and then curled his fingers around the waistband of your panties. You lifted your hips, letting him yank the wet fabric down. And then he held the desk as he leaned back a bit, simply surveying the glistening space between your thighs.

It felt like your heart was in your throat, so you cleared it. "Compromise?"

Azriel's gaze jumped to yours, bright and excited. "We'll just be blunt for now."

"Blunt?" You summoned sunlight to pull your dress over your wings and then toss it away. You grinned. "How so?"

Azriel looked over your lace bra with a hungry look in his eyes. "Well . . ." He leaned forward, kissing down your thigh. "I want you to come around my fingers before I fuck you on my cock. How does that sound?"