35. Something Soft

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Chapter Notes

Hey, guys! I know I barely answered asks or replied to comments after chapter 34, but I want to post another chapter before leaving for vacation. Please know that comments and kudos and votes mean the absolute world to me and that I'll be responding to y'all over this week (and writing more, too!). This chapter is porn with feelings, so enjoy! Much love!

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

As a male of few words, Azriel had described the mating frenzy as such; however, when it finally happened, it was anything but.

You'd expected something delightfully violent, so when Azriel was gentle with you, you were taken by surprise.

He was courtly and refined, heartbreakingly so. He quite literally swept you off your feet, held you close, and kissed every inch of your face; it was dizzying in the best way possible. He laid you on the bed and then nosed down your neck, untying your leathers.

You gasped softly as his fingers brushed up against your crotch. "Azriel, you said — you said it'd be a frenzy." Your body was tingling with magic and need, the two indistinguishable.

"I did," he said, voice thick with arousal. With his free hand, he pushed your top up so he could mouth at your breasts through your bra. "I mean, I'm not complaining, though. Are you?" His fingers traced the inseam of your leathers, making your thighs shake.

"I— No," you choked out, flushing. "I'm not complaining."

"Good," Azriel murmured. He glanced up at you between your breasts, smirking. "That's good."

Under his stare, you throbbed, and your toes curled.

"Okay, that's—" You struggled to speak as he dragged a hand toward your sex. And Cauldron, he was still looking at you. You whimpered in the back of your throat and tried to cover his eyes, but he grabbed your trembling hand. "Don't just— Stop staring, Azriel."

He placed your hand by your hip. "I don't look at you enough."

You blurted out a nervous laugh. "What do you mean? You're always watching me."

"Not like this, though." Azriel leaned forward and held your gaze as he — slipped a hand inside your pants.

Your whole body reacted to his touch; your breath stuttered, your back arched, and you grabbed his wrist, holding his hand between your legs. You stumbled through a nonsensical plea as you pressed his fingers against your wet panties, and then your hips moved of their own volition; every breath was too shallow, too loud, a reaction you couldn't control.

Azriel smirked as he simply watched your face, barely moving.

"Stop watching," you gasped, heat coursing through your veins. "For Mother's sake, do something."

Almost immediately, Azriel moved your panties aside, parted your folds, and then dragged his fingers through your arousal. Your breathing grew ragged as you ground against his hand.

"Azriel," you whimpered, closing your eyes. "Please, I can't . . ."

"That's fine," he whispered against your cheek. "You don't have to watch, but I will."

As his fingers caressed you, you tried to form a coherent thought —  but couldn't. Azriel's body was so close, solid, and warm that you couldn't focus on anything else but him. That, and you kept seeing him, only him, with the Harp, and in the kitchen, covered in your magic.