39. Like He Was the Sun

It may've just been your imagination, but suddenly, the inn was very, very quiet.

"Az—"

When he dragged his tongue over your clit and groaned, your back arched. Your mouth dropped open, but you didn't dare breathe. If you did, you'd scream, so you hurried to push Azriel's head away — but he didn't want to move and said as much.

At least, you thought he did. You couldn't really understand him down there.

You fisted Azriel's hair and then yanked, making him hiss in pain.

He finally pulled back, confused, but you were so overwhelmed that you couldn't even tell him what'd happened. You rolled over, inhaled, and then moaned into the pillows, and before squeezing your thighs together to assuage your need, you cupped yourself.

After a few seconds, you whimpered and then rolled back over, holding Azriel's concerned gaze.

"Az, it's too late. Too quiet." You squeezed your thighs again and gasped softly. "Fuck. We can't do this. I mean, I want to, but it'd be rude, and there may be children nearby."

Azriel blurted out a nervous laugh and then sat back on his ass. "Cauldron. I thought I hurt you." He looked away and ran a hand through his wet hair.

"You didn't," you said quickly. "You didn't, I promise. I just wasn't . . . ready for your . . . enthusiasm."

Azriel pursed his lips and relaxed a bit but not all the way. He still looked very chagrined, so you used the bond to let him know that you were really, truly okay.

Finally, Azriel's gaze flitted back to yours, softer than before.

You sat up and held his chin, squeezing his cheeks. "There we go," you said. "Your concern is sweet, but really, I'm okay. If you'd upset me, you would've known by now. You of all people should know that."

Azriel gave you a dry look but eventually smiled. It was small, but it was something.

"What happened?" you asked, starting to undress. "It was like you were possessed or something." Your dress got stuck on your wings, so Azriel helped you take it off.

"I don't know," he said. "What's wrong with wanting to eat you out and being enthusiastic about it? And I thought you said we couldn't do this."

When your dress was free, you beamed at him. "There is absolutely nothing wrong with your enthusiasm. In fact, it's greatly appreciated. Just not now. Not here."

Before he could ask what you were doing, you pulled him over you and then lay back.

"And I think we can do this. Just slowly," you said, giving Azriel a look. You felt his amusement and interest through the bond. "You're old, so you should be plenty patient, right?"

Azriel scoffed indignantly and then ducked his head, kissing down your neck. "Right."

You tilted your head back. "Then what was earlier about?"

Azriel hesitated with the next kiss but kept going. "Something you said. Just got me thinking."

You furrowed your brow as Azriel unclasped your bra and then slid it off. "Something I said?" You propped yourself up on your elbows.

Azriel nosed your cleavage, cupped one of your breasts, and then kissed the other. You weren't in a rush, obviously, but you wrapped your legs around his hips — and felt his straining, dribbling erection against your thigh.

Azriel only hummed in response as he wrapped his lips around your nipple. You bit on a knuckle to stifle your moans, but because you were greedy like your mate, you pulled his hips down until his erection slid through your folds.