7

I drifted through a black void. Screams echoing in my head. Suddenly a picture appeared in front of me.

It was a dark room with a large bed in the center. Someone was asleep in the bed. Suddenly the door to the room burst open and light flooded in.

A soldier ran in and shook the body on the bed. The small figure sat up and pulled the covers away from her. "You're Highness, the palace is under attack we need to get you to safety." The soldier told the girl.

She stood and shook her head. "I am not leaving until the threat has been dealt with. I am not leaving until everyone in this palace is safe." She responded.

The soldier opened his mouth to argue but she raised her hand. "If you want to help push that bookcase in front of that window." The girl told him pointing to a bookshelf. He nodded and then went to do as she had said.

The girl walked to a tall wardrobe and opened it pulling out a sword in it's sheath. She grabbed a belt and strapped the sword over her cream colored nightgown.

The soldier finished moving the bookcase revealing a set of large double doors. The girl walked over and placed a palm on the handle. It glowed bright red and then swung open.

"Follow me." The girl told the guard.

He followed her out of the room and into the candle lit corridor. She stopped next to a candle and her face was visible for a moment.

'That's me!' I thought as I stared at the picture unfolding before my eyes. Alex in the the memory opened a door and walked into a short hallway. She lit her palm on fire and then ran her hand along a bunch of strings leading into stone. The strings caught fire and then disappeared into the stone.

"Go and make sure the guards are ready. I want everyone in the entire palace in my chamber quickly." The memory Alex said. The guard looked skeptical but turned and left to do what she had told him.

Alex in the dream extinguished the fire that danced across her palm and left the hallway. Then she ran down the stone corridor as people emerged from their rooms. Alex's feet slapped the stone floor as she reached the great hall. She shot a ball of fire at the chandelier and it lit of with purple flames. The cooks and servants glanced at it and set aside their work to get to safety. Then Alex turned on her heal and ran back to her room. The guard was waiting there along with already half the palace.

"What now?" He asked Alex. "Take them down into the passageway. Women and children first. No one gets left behind. There are stone caves along the tunnel. They are stocked with food supplies and others things to survive. Enough to last three months. I will be down as soon as everyone else is." Alex replied lighting her palm with fire and lighting a torch that was mounted on the wall.

One after another lit up as the fire traveled down the tunnel lighting every torch in it's way. The fire on Alex's hand went out and the guard motioned for some of the other other guards to lead the people. Alex ushered people into the tunnel growing even more anxious as more and more people filtered into her room. Eventually most of the people were down in the tunnel. Around twenty people were still above ground waiting until the tunnel cleared enough for them to enter.

Alex closed the doors to her room as five more people went in. The doors were bashed open as soon as they we're closed. There stood at least ten cloaked figures. They had crossbows and shot killing three elderly men.

"Stop!" Alex shouted lighting her hands on fire. The figures froze for a moment and then parted letting a man in a dark crimson cloak enter. "I don't think you want to do that." The man said casually.

"Back off and leave them alone." Alex spat.

"Now don't talk to me like that." The man said.

He flicked his fingers and two cloaked men behind him shot two more of the men waiting to get in the tunnel. "Stop!" Alex shouted again.

"What do you want." She asked.

"To rule. I also want you dead." The man replied. He flicked his fingers again and the cloaked men shot again. Alex launched the balls of fire and lit the two cloaked men who had shot on fire. She moved in front of the elderly men that were left.

The elderly men walked into the tunnel and Alex slammed the doors behind them. She lifted the bookcase and dropped it in front of the doors moving the bed as well.

"Telekinesis? You are getting better. But I am too." The man commented as he unsheathed his sword.

Alex unsheathed her sword. But she never got the chance to swing. Arms wrapped around her from behind and a cloth was put over her mouth and nose. She struggled but the world was rimmed with black dots. Soon it went entirely black.

~~~

Alex stared where the picture had been. Blackness surrounding her again. She felt a strange pain in her right arm and she was jolted back to the present.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Wussup gorgeous humans!

So as promised I have updated again in the same day❤

At least I'm not leaving you on a cliff hanger for a month.🤷

Well better get working on the next chapter!

Hope you liked it. If you did comment and rate!

Mango----->out😜❤