13

Alex's POV

My eyes fluttered open as I heard screaming. I looked around and found that I was in the healing center, alone.

I heard more screams and a crash. I sat up in my cot and felt stiff. I was wearing a white dress that all patients wear.

( without the necklace

( without the necklace.)

I heard another scream and got up. Swaying on my feet a little I ran out of the healing center, down the corridor towards the screams. They were coming from the great hall. I heard another crash and the double doors rattled.

The doors wouldn't budge. Something was blocking them from opening. I opened my mind to the thoughts on the other side of the door and found only one person near the doors. I stepped back and used telekinesis to pull the doors off of their hinges and out into the corridor. The room was in flames. People screaming as the black stone attacked. The person I had felt near the door was the same little girl as last time. She wasn't moving.

A heavy beam had been blocking the door, I removed it with telekinesis and scooped the girl up. She was still breathing, just barely. I set her out in the corridor, brought moisture to hover around her and ran back into the great hall.

Zephyr noticed me and grinned evilly. I glared back my blood boiling. I was furious. Who was he to make my people scream?

I stalked forward through the flames and stood nine feet away from him. Then I snapped my fingers. The flames disappeared and made ways for the people to leave the great hall.

"Alex!?" I heard Sarid yell.

I ignored him and glared at Zephyr.

"I am sick and tired of you making my people feel unsafe and making them live in constant fear. Your done. I will never let you make them feel unsafe again." I stated furious.

"Oh, really? Well I-" I cut him off by snapping my fingers and throwing my throwing star at him.

He stepped out of the way at the last second and it hit one of the other black stone, killing him.

I threw throwing star after throwing star until everyone in the black stone was dead or injured except for Zephyr.

"Surrender, or I will not hesitate to kill you all." I told him.

Zephyr laughed.

"I'll give you two seconds...." I told him.

"One.."

"T-" he cut me off by running at me and driving a knife into my stomach.

I gasped as people screamed.

"How does it feel to be the weak one?" Zephyr growled in my ear. His hot breath tickled my neck and made me want to break his neck.

"Eye opening." I said in a clear voice, before taking the knife from my stomach, stabbing his stomach, and then slitting his throat.