11

(Picture up top is training gear. But Alex's shirt is gray.)

Also, I just realized I never told you guys what Alex looks like. So here is who I imagine her as.😁

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

I woke up to the sound of a bell. I hated bells.

I got up and went to my wardrobe. I found my old training gear and put it on, wincing at the cut in my side. I would have to get that stitched up. Then I used the bathroom and washed my face before heading toward the great hall. When I opened my door I was met by two guards.

"What are you two doing here?" I asked.

"We were assigned these positions by the captain of the guards, Sarid." The one on the left side of my door said.

"You do not need to stay outside my room any longer." I said, walking past them. I needed to have a few words with Sarid.

I entered the great hall. My friends from the lost cities weren't there yet. Sarid was. He spotted me and came over.

"And how are you this morning?" He asked hugging me.

I pulled away. "I'm fine. Why did you put guards outside my room?" I asked.

"Oh, that. Well, I was worried for your safety." Sarid said, matter a factly.

"I don't need guards outside my doors. If the people see the guards outside my door they will think there is something to fear. There is nothing to fear." I said.

"I want you to have the extra protection." Sarid said.

"You are making us sound like an old married couple." I grumbled.

"I am not against that idea." Sarid said.

I hit his chest and let go of his arm.

"I'm going to go make sure everything for the others training today is ready." I said.

"Wait, one more hug?" Sarid asked.

I raised an eyebrow as he pulled me into a hug again. He squeezed me tightly and I couldn't hide my wince.

"What? What's wrong?" Sarid asked, holding me at arms length.

"Nothing. Now I'm going." I said pulling away.

"Something is wrong. What is it?" He asked.

"I said nothing. I'm fine." I stated.

"No, you are not fine. I'm taking you to see the physician." Sarid said tugging on my hand.

I was forced to follow as Sarid dragged my down the corridor towards the physician's office.

He pulled me in and knocked on the door frame. A dark silky head popped up from behind a desk.