my l'manburg.

fluff + angst

cw: l'manburg go boom bitch; sadness :[

..

Alex sat on cold, hard wood spruce floors with a Mexican-styled guitar in his hands. He was in front of the spirit of Wilbur. Wilbur, now known as Ghostbur, had encouraged the male on the floor to finish the Anthem. The anthem of his nation, the song that they would sing when Ghostbur had control over his nation. Ghostbur can't remember very well, he had explained how he could only remember the best moments of his life, and couldn't recall the terrible ones, such as when his life was taken away from him.

Alex sat there, hesitating whether to sing or not, he hadn't sung in front of anyone, not even his dearest friends, his stomach felt sick, the duck hybrid was extremely nervous. Alex rehearsed the lyrics mentally from the crumpled pages inside an old book. He then took a deep breathe and heavily sighed. Alex strummed his guitar lightly, to the tune of the national anthem, as Ghostbur sat patiently. 

"I heard there was a special place.."

"Where men could go and emancipate---"

"The brutality and tyranny of their rulers."

Alex held back a slight chuckle as he quietly sung, gradually getting more comfortable singing in front of the spirited soul. Ghostbur couldn't help but grin as he watched the shorter male sway his body to the sweet melody of the Anthem. Alex's voice slowly pitched higher as he sung, his voice producing smoother, and sounding better than when he first started singing.

"Well this place is real you needn't fret..!"

"With Wilbur, Tommy, Tubbo, fuck Eret--"

"A very big and not blown up L'Manburg..."

.......

Alex stood there as the rain poured, soaking his hair, and butcher apron. He stood tall on the hard surface, holding him up. Alex had looked below him, to see his nation gone, still in shock on what had just happen. The duck hybrid wanted to cry, he wanted to scream, he wanted to hide, but he couldn't. He couldn't allow himself, all he did stand there, eyes wide, mouth agape. Tommy and Tubbo had been right next to the duck hybrid, Tommy visibly still in shock as well. Alex had stood still in his position for a long time, until he felt a cold hand on his shoulder. His gaze dazed up from the ground to his beloved friend, Ghostbur. Ghostbur looked directly into the other males eyes. Alex's eyes were glossy, and dark, while Ghostbur's was a faded gray, and transparent almost. Ghostbur gently handed a ripped, damp book to Alex. The duck hybrid slowly opened the book, revealing the national anthem. He couldn't take it anymore, the shorter male feel to his knees, book still in his arms, as pathetic sobs left him. Tommy and Tubbo had quickly glanced over, noticing the usually tough male, crying. It was a rare sight, as it never happened. Alex's personality had always been energetic, and humorous. For the duck hybrid to be crying in front of the two younger boys was quite a shock. Alex had let out broken sobs as his voiced rasped, attempting to sing the rest of the Anthem.

"M-y L'manburg--"

"My L'ma--nburg..."

Ghostbur steadily sat beside the shorter male, rubbing circles on his back, trying to calm him down. Tommy and Tubbo had just sat down, legs dangling off the edge of the obsidian, Tommy was trying to fend off tears. Alex had just kept singing, and singing, as if he were trying to accomplish something. His voice had eventually died, giving up on him completely as he sobbed childishly into his palms. Tommy, Tubbo, and Ghostbur had picked up where Alex left off, singing the rest of the national anthem.

"We built a home and watched it sink.."

"And from the rubble, there emerged L'manburg--"

The three boys sung together, finishing up the last bits of the song, tears streaming down Tommy and Tubbo's face, while Ghostbur's stayed almost emotionless.

"My L'manburg.."

"My L'manburg."

"M-y L'manburg.."

"My L'ma--nb-urg."

then tommy got struck by lightning

the end

656 Words

..

o7