John Walker

Bucky and I dove towards the ground, no parachute, nothing. We let the leaves and branches break our fall as we landed roughly on the forest floor.

"That was not the best idea" Bucky grumbled clutching his side.

I let out a groan and slowly stood up, the serum would get to work healing the two of us in no time. The only half decent thing Hydra did to us.

"Come on" I said waving my hand for him to follow.

Bucky nodded and stood up, we ran through the forest towards an abandoned warehouse. I spotted a small open window, I pointed towards it and Bucky nodded. We climved through the gap, landing on the hard concrete we cautiously moved around, doing our best to minimize the sound of our footsteps.

We eventually saw Sam peering through a gap in some boxes. We snuck over and stood next to him. I could see two flag smashers loading up two separate trucks with supplies, medicine, vaccines and food.

"There's two of them let's just take them out" Bucky whispered.

"There is no way there is only two of them" I muttered.

Sam lifted his hand up to his goggles pressing a small button on the side, the eye glasses glow red.

"That's so cool" I whispered, causing Sam to smirk.

"There's not just two of them there's about fifteen" Sam replied removing his hand.

"Told you" I smirked at my brother.

Bucky stood back and stepped on a can making a crack noise. Idiot. I tensed up clenching my teeth together, I peered through the gap in the boxes. The flag smashers searched around quickly to try and find the source of the noise. Thankfully due to their tight schedule they had to get going.

"Come on" One of them muttered to the other.

The flag smasher followed suit slamming the truck doors shut before driving off.

"They have a hostage" Sam said.

Bucky nodded and began sprinting after the truck at super speed, literally. Sam followed suit and activated his wings flying off.

"Typical men leaving the girl behind" I muttered to myself before sprinting after the two.

I quickly caught up to Bucky jumping on the back of the truck prying open the doors for Bucky to climb in. I waited a few seconds, I could hear Bucky talking. Most likely to the supposed hostage. Thunk! Bucky came flying out hitting the truck driving behind him. He managed to grab ahold of a handle keeping himself up.

I quickly climbed up to the roof of the truck. Bucky climbing up on the one behind us, fighting off a female flag smasher.

I heard footsteps quickly turning around, ducking quickly to avoid a punch which was flying straight at my face. I swiped my feet across the roof of the truck hitting the man in the ankles, knocking him off his feet slightly. I went to place a blow onto the mans face but he got a kick in, right on my stoumach. I flew back bumping onto the truck floor.

"They're enhanced" I said through the earpiece.

"No shit" Bucky shouted back struggling.

"Sam we could use a little help" I called out.

Sam came swooping down landing next to me fighting off the next man who emerged out from underneath.

"Thanks" I said.

He simply grunted occupied by the flag smasher infront of him. I leapt onto the truck which Bucky was on ,punching the female flag smasher he was currently engaged with on the back of the head, catching her by suprise, knocking her off her rhythm.

Just as Bucky was about to knock her out the girl shoved her off the truck.

"BUCK!" I called out rushing to the side of the truck.

He was clutching on for dear life on the side of the truck.

"I'm ok" He shouted back looking down at the road.

I let out a short sigh of relief.

"Y/n behind you!" Sam shouted snapping me back.

I spun around just in time to catch the fist of the girl, crushing her fist in mine. Another man came up to me holding me down. The two of them overpowered me as I struggled underneath the weight of them.

"Y/n!" Bucky shouted.

"A little help" I shouted out trying to escape.

I clutched my eyes shut awaiting a blow to the face, instead the weight off me was removed. I opened my eyes to Sam grabbing me holding me flush to his chest. I gripped onto his shirt the wind hitting me in the face.

His wings were damged so we went crashing into some grass. Sam held onto me as we went tumbling through the grass. I instinctively buried my head into the crook of his neck.

We finally stopped and I opened my eyes. I was ontop of him, my hands rested on his chest as my legs were ln either side of him. Practically straddling  him. I immediately felt heat rush to my cheeks.

"I uh sorry" I said, climbing off of him.

"I- no it's fine" Sam said standing up next to me dusting off his shirt.

"Hey!" Bucky called out.

We both spun around to face Bucky. Who unfortunately was accompanied by John Walker. Just the man I didn't want to see. Along with an African American man, who I assumed must be his partner or sidekick.

"Oh great" I huffed.

"Hey be thankful I saved your asses" John said pointing a finger at us.

"We would've been fine without you're help thank you very much" I huffed walking right past him.

"Who even are you" John asked.

I scoffed and spun on my feet to face the man. I crossed my arms over my chest anger coursing through my veins.

"No who the fuck are you, you're a nobody holding Steve Rogers shield you're not Captain America, he was" I stated walking off.

"She's not wrong" Sam said, him and Bucky following after him.

"Steve wouldn't like that kind of talk" Bucky said, attempting to crack a joke.

"Yeah well he isn't here Buck he left us" I replied.

We kept on walking along the road in silence until Sam cracked it.

"What's going on that cyborg brain of yours" Sam said raising his eyebrows.

"You don't want to know" Bucky said, voice low.

"I can see those gears turning, oh they're malfunctioning, they're on fire" Sam said, I let out a laugh making Sam smile at me.

"God I hate you and seriously Y/n" Bucky said shaking his head.

"Come on cyborg take a joke" I teased him.

"God I hate both of you" Bucky shook his head, despite a small smile broke out on his face.

"Don't worry he loves us" I whispered in Sam's ear.

"Sure he does" Sam replied.

The two of us laughed as Bucky scolded us shaking his head at the two of us. I could hear the sound of a vehicle approaching besides us.

"You sure guys don't need a ride" a voice said.

I looked back, John Walker was in a army style open jeep along with his partner. Who I assume was called "battle star" due to the nametag on his suit.

"We're sure" I huffed.