I told you to be quiet

Sam and I finally got up and out of bed, it was now nearly noon. I jogged down the stairs Sam following close behind me.

Bucky was sat down on the couch watching TV but his head turned to face us as soon as we entered the living room.

"God finally" Bucky said.

"Sorry we slept in" I lied.

Bucky tilted his head to the side and lifted a single brow. Fuck, he knows.

"Oh so those were sleeping noises I heard" Bucky said his eyebrow raising up.

"Yes?" Sam answered awkwardly.

"God you two were so loud it made me want to throw up" Bucky groaned.

I cringed and hid my face into Sam's neck who was standing there frozen, his fingers tapping his leg nervously.

"I'm so sorry Bucky" Sam apologized.

"Jesus christ, at least next time be quieter, hearing the sound of my sister and friend orgasm is not something I wanna hear in the morning" Bucky said shaking his head.

Bucky simply walked away. I mean at least he didn't absolutely freak out at us. Let's just say the reaction could've been much worse.

"I told you to be quiet" Sam snickered in my ear.

"Oh please, If I recall you were the one who was a moaning mess" I smirked walking away from Sam who was shaking his head.

I headed towards Bucky who had begun working on the boat. Repairing it to sell.

"Early start huh?" I asked him.

He lifted his head up and gave me a nod.

"It's not actually that early you just slept in late" Bucky said.

"Hey you're not like weirded out by Sam and I are you?" I asked my brother.

"No not at all, I mean you're an adult about time you lost your virginity" Bucky teased.

"Please you think I only just lost my virginity, how cute" I smirked.

"Wait seriously?" Bucky said shocked.

"Oh my god, Bucky how dumb are you" I laughed loudly.

"I just- nevermind" He muttered.

"God that's hilarious" I said.

Bucky shook his head and I sat by the edge of the dock, my feet dangling over the edge above the blue waters.

"It doesn't really matter what you and Sam are up to I mean me and his sister Sarah-" He said.

My mouth opened in shock, but before Bucky could finish Sam walked over. Bucky immediately clamped his mouth shut. And turned his head down down focusing on the ground.

"What's up?" Sam asked hopping onto the boat.

"Uh.. nothing" Bucky answered awkwardly.

"Ok?" Sam replied looking at me confused.

An awkward silence fell upon the three of us. I quickly spoke up hating the uncomfortable silence.

"So Sam tried out the shield yet?" I asked him.

Sam let out a sigh and shook his head no. I saw Bucky's face drop slightly, mine dropped too.

"It just doesn't feel like mine" Sam admitted.

"Steve gave you that shield Sam, it's yours" Bucky said.

"Sam you're the only person who can fill Steve's shoes, the only person worthy to hold the shield" I assured him.

"You deserve it" Bucky agreed shooting Sam a half smile.

"Thank you, I mean I can't be any worse at being Captain America than John was" Sam shrugged with a laugh.

"Exactly" I smiled nudging him in the side.

We all continued to work on the boat the sun beating down creating a shimmer along the water.

I sat down on the edge of the boat my legs dangling off the edge a bottle of beer in my hands.

"Taking a break huh?" I heard Sam call out behind me.

I gave him a smile and lifted up my bottle of beer at him. Sam let out a light laugh and grabbed his own beverage out of the cooler walking over to stand besides me.

"What are we going to do about Karli?" I sighed asking the question which had been plaguing all of our minds.

"We wait, we wait until Sharon tells us what the Flag smashers new plans are" Sam says.

"They've probably gone underground" I said.

Sam nodded in agreement and wrapped his arm around my shoulder stepping closer to me. I leant back and rested my head against his chest.

"Am I the only one hoping the flag smashers don't come back, I mean I just don't want to fight anymore" I sighed.

"I mean it is nice right now, but sooner or later they will come back. That means we have to fight" Sam said rubbing his hand up and down my arm.

"I just don't want to fight anymore" I said looking down at my feet.

Sam looked down at me, hooking his finger underneath my chin making me gain eye contact with him. A sad smile playing on his lips.

"I've been fighting my whole life. Just for once in my life I want to stop fighting and just be" I said.

"This will be your last fight love" Sam said rubbing his thumb along my cheek.

"I don't know what I'll do after this" I admitted.

I've been fighting my whole life, or at least the parts of my life I can remember. I don't know anything different, all I know is that I don't want to fight anymore. A part of me wishes I could have an easy way out like Steve, but I couldn't do that. Not to Bucky. Not to Sam.

"You can so whatever you like Y/n" Sam said.

I gave him a smile, and he bent down placing a soft kiss against my lips. His lips tasting of liquor. He pulled away and placed a quick kiss on my forehead. Sam stood behind me wrapping both arms around my waist, staring out at the setting sun.

"This is nice" Sam hummed.

"It is isn't it" I agreed with a smile.