Neither do I

So here we were, nothing else to do. Karli was in the wind and there was absolutely no sign of her. John Walker, stripped of his title as Captain America. Now, what does leave me?

I started a mission and I'm damn well pissed I didn't get to finish it.

"Hey," Sam said snapping me out of my thoughts.

I turned around to face him. Bucky and I had been staying with Sam for the past few days, helping him out with the boat. It was honestly nice just to have another friend. Friend, is that what we were. Sam and I haven't had to have a proper talk about well us since we arrived.

"Hi" I replied leaning back against the porch railing.

"What's bothering you?" He asked.

Sam walked over standing next to me, his shoulder bumping in. I let out a small sigh.

"I don't really know what do, about Karli about Walker about everything" I rambled on.

Sam just looked down at me and listened.

"That's not all is it" He said.

I fell quiet looking down at my shoes before taking a deep breath and looking back up at him.

"And I don't know what to do about you Sam" I admitted.

"Go on" Sam smirked.

"Well I like you I think that's pretty obvious" I rolled my eyes at him.

"I just I dunno I've never really been in a relationship before with Hydra and all the other shit I've had to deal with it just has never been on my mind," I said.

"But now you finally have the choice to act on your feelings," Sam said.

"Yeah, and I have no idea what the hell I'm doing," I said giving an awkward laugh.

Sam turned to face me reaching over, cupping my face with his large hand.

"Neither do I" Sam whispered.

And with that he leaned in, our lips met and instantly met, moving in perfect sync. I hate to be a cliche but it felt right. I smiled into the kiss before pulling away resting my forehead against his.

"We're both clueless," He said, his thumb grazing my cheek.

I smiled and looked up his chocolate brown eyes meeting mine.

"It's getting kinda late we should head inside," Sam said with a small smile.

I turned around looking behind me, the sun had ducked below the horizon, the sky now a navy blue colour. I gave Sam a small nod and followed him inside.

He took a seat on the couch patting the cushion next to him. I smiled and sat down next to him. Sam stretched his arm behind me, resting his arm on the back of the couch.

"Hey hey" I heard Bucky call out.

My brother walked in holding a bottle of beer in his hand. A small smile spread across his face once he saw the two of us. I gave him an awkward smile and he simply laughed collapsing down on the chair across from his. Bucky then looked over to Sam giving him a small nod. A nod of approval I assume. 

"So what are you going to do with the shield?" Bucky asked.

"I guess I'll have to put the metal frisbee to use" Sam joked.

"Well Steve did give you that shield for a reason," I said.

"To the new Captain America" Bucky smiled lifting his bottle in the air.

Sam laughed and shook his head, shifting in his seat.

"To Captain America" Bucky smirked and took a swig of his beer.

He looked at us for a few seconds before patting his hands on the armrest, standing up. He let out a groan, stretching his arms up over his head.

"I can tell you two want to be left alone" Bucky gave me a wink.

"Jesus Christ, Buck" I facepalmed.

"But I am sleeping on the couch so if you're going to fuck do it someplace else" Bucky said deadpan.

"Oh my god," Sam said clearly embarrassed.

"What the fuck Bucky," I said.

My brother just laughed and shrugged his shoulders. Sam and I reluctantly stood up and Bucky quickly took our spot collapsing onto the couch. I shook my head at him whilst he had a smirk plastered onto his face.

Sam nodded his head to the side getting me to follow him. I nodded and gave my brother one last look before following Sam out of the living room.

"Use protection" Bucky called out after us.

"I swear to god I am going to kill him," I said.

Sam simply laughed and continued walking, I followed along next to him. He leads me outside the chill breeze hitting my face.  a huge contrast from the hot weather we had today. The wind was still, the trees left undisturbed and the water was stagnant. 

Sam reached over and held my hand leading me onto the docks.

"Are you bringing me out here to drown me?" I joked.

"If I was I wouldn't tell you" Sam teased.

"I'm definitely going to die tonight" I said.

Sam and laughed and helped me onto the boat. He let go of my hand and grabbed a blanket and laid it on the ground. I smiled at him as he sat down on the floor on hand extended out.

"Look up" Sam said.

I tilted my head upwards and holy shit. Stars littered the sky glowing brightly. It was as if the sky was a black blanket and someone had cut holes into it. The moon was full too, the stars and full moon being our only real sources of light.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Sam said.

I looked over to Sam who had his head titled up stargazing.

"Is this why you brought me here?" I asked.

"Yes, did you really think I was about to kill you?" Sam laughed.

I shook my head and let out a small laugh. 

I turned around and lay down, my head resting in Sam's lap as I gazed up at the stars.

"I could get used to this view," Sam said.

I averted my gaze to lock my eyes with his.

"Me too" I smiled.

Sam leaned down placing a kiss on my forehead, but before he could bring himself back up I grabbed his face and planted a kiss on his lips. I could feel him smile as our lips moved in sync. I could definitely get used to this