Part 3

"That's.... not a good Idea, Hammer Time." Tony says, shaking off the idea Thor had suggested. 

"What is this 'hammer time' you call me?" Thor follows him to the floor length windows looking out over the city.

"It's a song. Doesn't matter. Look, I really don't think bringing Loki into this is going to make things any easier."

"Mr. Stark-" Thor begins,

"Tony." He corrects him.

"Tony... Loki can read emotions. See things most people can't. I can get him to agree to help us. I feel he will be able to understand this girl more than we can."

Tony swishes the last sip of his drink at the bottom of his glass. He purses his lips then nods once. "If it all turns to shit, Banner gets a go at him."

"That seems fair." Natasha adds in, walking into the room with Steve. 

"Whatever it takes to help her." Steve says as the final word. Thor calls to Heimdall to open the bifrost. He disappears in bright, flashing lights to retrieve his brother, returning moments later with him in his clutches. 

Loki rotates around in a circle, surveying his company. "What, no hulk this time?" He asks cheekily.

"Look, I know you miss your big green boyfriend, but we have more pressing matters. You'll have to take a rain check on your picnic date." Tony sasses him, but Loki is not amused. He struts to the door, smoothing out his black suit jacket.

I'm sitting on the floor, my eyes still red from crying. Hopefully I don't look like a racoon from crying my makeup off. Wouldn't wanna look like a trash panda for that Natasha Romanoff.

But she's not the one who walks up to be at my level just outside the glass. Instead, it's a tree of a man in an all black suit with his hair brushed back and to his shoulders. His hard eyes and tight mouth study me. I watch him make assessments in his head about me. I don't like that.

I can only assume this is Loki, Thor's 'god-of-mischief' brother. I've heard a lot about him, but no one cared to tell me how utterly gorgeous this man is. I bet he smells like expensive new cars and Gucci Men's cologne.

"Let me in." He orders the guard suddenly, releasing his tightly folded arms from in front of his chest. Thor looks at him, dumbfounded as this is the first thing he's said since walking into the room. Thor calls in Tony, Steve and Natasha incase this all goes to shit.

The guard lets him in and he straightens his jacket again, keeping his distance from me. "Hello." Is all he says.

"Original. You get all the ladies like that?" I flirt with him.

He doesn't find that nearly as cute as I do. Instead, he keeps his face serious and strides towards me with his head high. "You are different, are you not?" He inquires.

"Seems to be the main topic lately. Just how, we don't know."

"Yet."

Oh, he's presumptuous. I arch my eyebrow at him. Obviously he had a plan coming in here, but it seems very impersonal.

"You know," I start, scoffing at Loki, but mainly the rest of them standing outside watching, "this could be a little easier if someone would just ask my name, get to know me a little before activating my dark side." I turn to Loki, accosting him. "I'm not an experiment!" I shout right in his face. Oh, this makes him mad. He grits his teeth and stands tall over me.

"Shut up, you weak Midgardian fool. You will not speak to a god in that tone!" He talks down to me, changing his clothes with a swift green flash to his Asgardian attire, his long horned helmet casting shadows over my face. "Kneel." He commands.

I look him up and down, admiring his tight leather pants. This is a perfect opportunity to get under his skin. I'm going to take that opportunity. "You know, if you wanted me to give you head, at least buy me a drink first." I say with a cheeky smile.

The others watching snort in laughter, Steve in particular tossing his head back and slapping Tony's arm as he loses it completely. Tony's face pinches with amusement, while Loki settles his robe and is back in his black suit. "Obviously, oppression is not your downfall." He grumbles, getting agitated.

"I don't take well to authority, Loki." I say, crossing my arms.

"Then perhaps it is not me that will trigger you. I assume he will be adequate?" He points past me, drawing my attention to Benny standing a few feet away from me. Well, he's not wrong.

---------- LOKI'S POV----------

The girl bursts into crimson flames and black smoke, knocking me back with a magic I've seldom seen in such youth. I gather to my feet quickly enough to see her launch at the illusion of the man I have come to understand has hurt her in her past.

Her physical appearance has changed slightly, her light hair has changed to a charcoal black, and her eyes have turned to red. I settle my initial astonishment at the frightening sight, and stand in front of her. She has these daggers for nails plunged into the boy's chest, and she's growling like a demon just above his face. I kneel over her, touching her cheek. My theory is that my magic will calm her enough to return her to her dormant state. That way, I am the only one who can control this monster.

"He is not real." I assure the creature. Her face snaps up to mine, and I can see not only this grotesque creature, surly from hell, but oddly a young woman scared to death behind those eyes. Almost as if begging me to help her. I feel something peculiar lace my hand when I touch her skin . Something familiar, yet terrifying. I know that kind of chill, that kind of evil. Thanos. Could she really be?

I keep my hand firmly on her face as I watch the smoke clear and her hair turn to it's natural shade. The innocence returns to her eyes and she looks down beneath her. There is nothing there.

"He was an illusion. He is not really here. But now we know what triggers you." I say, standing tall over her as she remains on her knees in front of me. She looks as though about to cry. I hope she does not.