Finale part 2

Author's note: Hmm... so which one is the real Ayça, the one fighting for Thanos, or the one fighting for the Avengers? I'll do you one better, is Ayça even there at all?

-----------------------------

The cries of war could be heard for miles. Weapons puncture through bodies as they fall limp and leak with blood. Countless blades are covered with fluids as they're ripped from demon's hearts. Ayça's ears are numb to it all, until her sword clashes with a demon, slicing through it's throat. She holds a rhythm to it all, each hit, swing, and kick to the beat of her heart as it pounds painfully underneath her chest.

She's lost sight of most of the Avengers, they're lost in the crowd of war. She nearly slips on blood at her feet, but uses it to slide under an attack, then turns to swipe a dagger across another demon's neck. Fighting this secretly from the other side is hard, considering the only demons that are alive long enough to see her turning against her army die in seconds. She has to stay subtle, She has to be cunning.

Meanwhile, Loki is defending himself, swinging his horned helmet to bash demon heads. Thor tosses his hammer all around him, hitting the ones surrounding him. The Avengers fight together alongside Ayça.

The two sides are fighting, yet they all have one universal question they need answered. Ayça, hidden in the back of Thanos' army; Is she fighting them, or for them? Have any of the Avengers seen her yet? She keeps herself well hidden. On the other hand, The righteous Ayça that is fighting alongside the Avengers... is she real? Is she to be trusted? Who, for once and for all, is the real Ayça?

"Cap, your shield!" Natasha yells from across the battlefield. Steve throws his shield while she ducks, letting it hit the creature she couldn't get off her back. It returns to him and he smiles a wide Captain America smile at her, then continues fighting. Ayça and Loki are back to back, fighting in sync. They work well together, like two of the same person.

Suddenly, Thanos grabs Loki by the neck, raising him in the air. Ayça cries out, begging him to let him go.

"Thanos, please! No, let him go!" Her cries catch the attention of the Avengers, who, to the best of their ability, pause to watch what's happening.

"It's taking you to long. Either you kill him, or I will. Your choice." He yells, his voice echoing over everything else. The battle slows, a crowd forming in a circle around the scene. Ayça catches her breath, beginning to cry. Hulk tries to catch Thanos off guard by charging at him from the side, but he is just tossed aside and crashes into some broken ruins. Ayça whimpers at the sight of her friend getting hurt. He may be the hulk right now, but he's still Banner on the inside.

"Please, I can't do this. You know I can't do this!" She begs, falling to her knees. Loki looks down at her, his legs twitching from loss of air and circulation.

"Ayça, please... if I must die, I'd rather it be at your hand." He struggles to say, his eyes fluttering.

"You can't make me choose!" Ayça says through her tears, furious. She runs towards Thanos, her eyes going red and lunges into the air. She floats, holding red and angry plasma in her hands and launches it at Thanos. He drops Loki to shield himself, who runs to Ayça, ducking from Thanos' heavy handed swings of pain. Just before Loki reaches her, arms out and ready to catch her in his run to escape, a sword pierces his heart from behind him.

Ayça's face falls. She screams out for him and catches him in her arms as he falls. Thor cries out to his brother, kneeling down beside Ayça and cradles his head in his thick hands. Thanos, standing triumphant, sneers an evil smile.

"How could you do this?" Ayça screams at him in complete misery. She sits there crying and holding Loki as he slowly fades towards death. "Loki, I'm so sorry, this is all my fault." Her tears fall on his pale face. He smiles gently at her.

"My dear, dying in your arms is the only way I would ever wish to go."

"Don't you dare leave me!" She shouts, sobbing.

"Brother, please, we can heal you." Thor says desperately, turning to his team of heroes. "Please, can anyone do anything? I beg you!" Tears drip down his face at the loss of his brother.

"One... final breath..." Loki begins, looking into Ayça's eyes, "to s-say I love you..." His eyes wander, looking past the love of his life. Ayça cries out in pain, then starts laughing.

Thor looks at her as though she's gone completely insane, the others exchanging horrified expressions. Ayça, who has just watched the love of her life die in her arms, raises her head slowly and laughs.

Thanos, changing from victorious to outright fearful, watches as the top of Ayça's head transforms, turning her hair a nightshade black. With a quick flash of green, her face goes from a young woman who has just lost everything, to a man wearing a golden horned helmet and leather pants. Loki, whom everyone thought had just died, stands to his feet as his presumably dead body disappears before everyone's eyes. His laugh continues as he successfully makes a fool out of Thanos.

"WHERE IS SHE?" Thanos booms, pounding his feet into the ground as he runs up to Loki. Thor, laughing with pure joy at his brother's mischievous play, picks up his hammer and stands ready to fight. Peter, who had been standing by Tony, punches his fist in the air in triumph.

Loki stands his ground, smiling devilishly at the purple monster charging towards him. Thor goes to throw his hammer at him, but Loki holds his hand out to stop him. "You might want to watch this, brother." He says in an arrogant tone.

-------AYCA'S POV-------

I run as fast as I can from the back of the battle scene. Loki's manic laugh is my cue, and I push myself harder and harder with every stride to get there in time. This is my moment. This is what I've been plotting towards, it's what I've been training so hard for. I concentrate my breathing, matching it to my beating heart. I redden my eyes, trusting myself for the first time since this all started. I get a jump start off the edge of a molten ruin, high into the air. I stretch my shoulders back, and hear a tear in my suit. As I start to fall back down to the ground, I catch myself in the air. My wings beat hard against the wind as I hover just behind Thanos. He's not even paying attention as I plunge a sword through the back of his neck, then land on the ground beside him.

I rise slowly, making my way to his head that has fallen just in front of Loki. I've never seen Loki so proud. I reach down to retrieve my sword from my so-called father's throat. He makes a painful whimper as I leave him with an open wound. Without hesitation, I swing down one final time, cutting off his head. I stick it on the end of my sword and hold it in the air, turning slowly so everyone can see.

Silence, then an explosion of reactions from all around me. Demons and dark creatures drop their weapons and cheer. I toss the speared head to the ground with attitude, then stride past the Avengers. I walk with power, with control. My wings rest behind my head and drag in blood while I make my way to the throne, claiming it as I sit down and cross one leg over the other. As I do this, there is so much commotion. I stand aggressively up out of me seat, and in my hand appears a black staff with a red plasma encased in gold. I stab the ground with it, and it shakes the earth. I say one command.

"Kneel!" I shout to the crowd. They follow orders. I smirk, tilting my head down and looking at them all through my eyebrows. I am their queen now. I've won this battle.

I reclaim my seat and look out at the battlefield as it gets less and less crowded. I see my friends, the Avengers. They're weak and out of breath, but I can tell that they feel victorious. As they should. But one thing strikes me, and my heart hardens with fear. The muscles in my neck tighten as I search through the ugly demons under my command.

I rise once more asking something I'm dreading to hear the answer to. "Where's Loki?"

The end...?