Part 23

"Ow, fuck!"

"Language!"

"Cap, you're killing me."

"That's not very 'Captain America' of you!"

"On your right!"

"Shit-"

"I said RIGHT!"

"I was very turned around!"

"Oh no- no no no no!"

"Fuck this!"

"Shit!"

"God damnit, watch it!"

"Fuck off!"

We all sit in a circle around a screen Jarvis pulled up from a mission we all went on last night. No one makes eye contact with anyone else as we sit around, embarrassed.

"Can we... can we cut the tape?" I ask, motioning to stop by waving my hand in front of my neck. Tony waves away the screen.

"That... didn't go well." He admits, folding his arms across his chest.

They had brought me on a mission somewhere in New York. I wanted to show them how helpful I could be, so they brought me along while Loki stayed at home with Beth. He refused to be affiliated with the Avengers, even though one is his brother and another is his girlfriend. I can't tell if I'm actually part of them or not. I should ask Tony. Not now, though.

"It past 'not going well' and straight to literal shit. I kinda wanna take the blame..." I say, scratching the back of my neck.

"But we stopped the bad guy, right?" Peter suggests, trying to take the heat off of me.

"Well yeah, but buttercup here just straight up scared the civilians. Sorry kiddo."

"It's fine." I say lightly, agreeing with Tony. "I could shapeshift into a bunny."

"Ok, honey bunny, that will work. You can kill the bad guys with cuteness."

"Don't patronize me, Tony!"

He reaches to what's next to him, which happens to be a tissue box, and tosses it at me like an older brother would. I catch is telepathically in the air and burn it before it can hit me.

"Child, anyway so..." He says, eyes wide open. They all laugh, and eventually I chime in.

We get up to go do our own thing when Peter stops me in the hallway. He waits a moment to let everyone pass before he says anything. "So, Ayça." He starts off. Good, solid start. Very clear.

"Yeah Peter, what's up?"

"I feel like I kind of missed my chances with you." He admits in a more serious tone than I'm used to with him.

"Oh, Peter, I-"

"No no, it's ok. I just wanted to tell you, ya know? Get it off my chest and all. Um, but ya know, if... if things don't work out with you and Loki, I mean I'm not saying they won't I just-" He stutters on, clearly not thinking through what he was going to say far enough before he actually said it. I grasp his hands in mine, trying to sooth him.

"Peter? I get it. I appreciate you telling me, and I will never forget the time we swung through the city when you saved my life. I've always wanted to do that with you. You mean so much to me, and you've given me so much since I've met you." He gives me a soulful look and I kiss him on the cheek. "You're a good guy, Peter."

I give his hands a squeeze before I walk back to the elevator to go upstairs. I can see him turn to talk to Tony as the doors close in front of me.