Part 9

Author's note: I'd like to apologize for this chapter in advance. That's all.

--------------------------------------------

Just as we are about to leave and return to Earth, a swarm of armed men come running up behind us. Loki steps in front of me without even thinking about it. I hang onto his biceps, keeping close.

"Stand down, now!" The men are yelling at us. Loki looks to Thor, looking very frightened.

"They know..." He states. Thor gets into a ready stance, prepared to fight them off. They start to surround us, Loki guarding me. I stand on my toes to whisper in his ear.

"We need to go, I don't know what I'll do if they attack." I say, my eyes darting around the room. All sorts of weapons are pointed at us, ready for orders. A man emerges from behind the soldiers. He's a bit stout and missing an eye. His scraggly white hair matches his beard, and he's covered in gold and white robes.

"Father, please..." Thor tries to reason.

Father? That's Odin? Oh no...

"Do you realize the pure evil you have brought to Asgard? And thought you would get away with it by disgracing a Valkyrie uniform? How dare you, Thor. I would have expected this behavior from Loki... but from you?" He pauses, then spits out, "Reckless."

"Do you still consider the plan foolproof?" Loki whispers back to me.

"That's a no for me." I say. Suddenly I start shaking, my skin getting hot. Loki must have noticed because he whips around, looking me in the eyes.

"Ayca, look at me. Focus on me." He begs, trying to keep the darkness away.

I start breathing heavily as Thor battles the soldiers around us. One grabs me by the arm, but lets go when Loki blasts him against the wall with a beam of green magic. Him letting go of me just for that moment is enough to keep my calm short. My skin starts smoking and I can tell that my eyes have turned red.

"Ayça, listen to my voice! You must run to the portal!" Loki commands me.

"I'm not leaving you two here!" I beg through my transformation.

"There is no time!" Loki shouts at me, pulling daggers from the air into his hands to fight them off.

"Thor, don't let him-" I try to resist, but I can't hold it back. My fear is too great. I know what they will do to them if I leave, but at the same time I have to in order to save them. I take in a deep breath, holding back the demonic urge to release a force so great, that it would destroy everything in the room. I scream out in pain, clutching my torso.

"You promised you would do as I tell you. Do this for me now!" Loki yells. He finds a moment to pick me up slightly, looking me in the eyes with a softness I hadn't seen yet from him.

"I'm sorry." He says, then pushes me through the portal that pulls me away from Asgard. I watch as they continue to fight against Odin, reaching out for Loki. My tears are floating out of my eyes as I plummet through the universe.

------------------------------------

I wake up in my bed, back in New York. My head is pounding, my body aches everywhere and my memory serves no purpose as to how I went from being yeeted through the universe to in my bedroom. I groan and sit up, suddenly in the company if Natasha at my side.

"You're awake! what happened?" She questions.

"It was... it was awful, Nat." I begin, staring off into the distance to try and remember what happened. "There was a perfect, safe setting to practice controlling my alternate state, so we went there. In case anyone would recognize me, I wore an old Valkyrie outfit. We were doing well, but then I got tired. When we tried to leave..." I choke on my words, remembering the last thing I saw before I must have blacked out, Loki's face looking heartbroken and so conflicted.