The Letter

Ms. Granger-Zabini, 

I would love to inform you that the progress being made on Hogwarts School of Witchcrraft and Wizardry has been exponential and that in the fall we will be ready to accept students back. Now as much as i would love to have you back as a student, you are a bit old. After little arguing with the Ministry i have received permission to offer you the attached graduation degree with substitutions made for you prowess shown during the war taking the place of your usual seventh year classes. 

However, there is one more matter i would like to discuss with you. As the new Headmistress of Hogwarts i have alot on my plate and will no longer be able to teach Transfiguration. Though this deeply saddens me as I have always had a spot in my heart for this subject, i can think of no one better to take over my position that The Brightest Witch of Her Age. Which would be you of course. 

Now if you would like the position there will be some prefatory staff meetings held over the summer as well as a small amount of training, nothing you can't handle I'm sure. 

I would love nothing more than to have you join the staff, and I'm sure the student could learn so much from a bright young witch such as yourself. 

Take your time to consider this offer, but not too long. A response before the beginning of May would be optimal. 

With Respect and Love, 

Minerva McGonagall 

Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry 

I tossed the letter to the side. It wasn't even the January now and i had quite a bit to think about the offer and respond. 

But even with all that time the timeline felt like moments away. The logical side of my brain began to go to war with my emotional side. 

It was true that it was months away however i still had alot of things to figure out by then so the time wasn't really as long as i thought. I had to decide if i was going to keep my name or change it or keep the placeholder i had been using for months. I had to figure out what to do about the fact that i would be going back to teach at a school where student would very likely know who i was. 

Well none of that matter to the actual decision does it? I mean after all most of that wont matter unless you say yet, so are you deciding yes? 

I don't know... maybe i do want to go back. I've always had a fondness for teaching others and I'm sure McGonagall would love to have me around. Of course she would she said so in the letter you bimbo. 

But what about Blaise and Mum and Dad? Would they miss me terribly? I'm an adult and I'm sure that they would miss me just as i would miss them but it's not like i can't pop by for a visit occasionally. 

What about Theo? You'd be far away from him. 

I've never changed my life plans for a boy and i shouldn't start now.

What is the other option, i mean you could go work at the ministry there is a ton of important work that needs to be done there. For starters you can't simply ignore the fact that werewolves are being treated inhumanly and excluded from job availability. Remus certainly deserved better than that.  I would love to be able to help with that. It's a big job and i simply have no clue where to start at this moment. 

Of course you don't and you haven't been offered a job at the ministry you would need to apply and go through an interview process while McGonagall just offered you a wonderful opportunity to touch the lives of the next magical generation.