Fourth, Fifth, Sixth Year: Seeing Death

Fourth Year

Blaise's POV

The school was decorated with mass quantities of Christmas decorations. Though every one else was excited I was upset.
I would be spending yet another Christmas without my sister.

The Durmstrang students had chosen to sit with the Slytherins in the Great Hall and most Slytherins seemed rather excited about it. I was indifferent, they where just people.
I felt a presence next to me.
I looked over to see Victor Krum.

"Vlaise," he said attempting to say my name.

"What Krum?" I asked already slightly bored with the conversation.

"Zere is a girl." Conversations that start this way usually don't end well for me.

"And?" I said

"I vad vondering if she is vingle for zee dancd." He said curiously

"Who is she?" He could ask anyone girl or guy in the whole school and they would go with him, why is this conversation happenings.

"Vermione Granger." He said timidly.

I almost spit pumpkin juice.

"I think I heard you wrong... did you say Hermione Granger?" I said quietly.

"Ves?" He said almost scared.

"Why should I know?"I said scoffing at the question.
But internally I was laughing at the hilariousness of it all. I mean a guy was asking to take my baby sister to a dance yet he doesn't know we are related and neither does she I mean come on.

"Vell, you vust go vere. And I zon't. So I zought vaybe you could vask her if she is zoing vist someone." He said almost begging.

"Fine Krum, but two conditions.
First im not asking her to the dance for you. Second you owe me one." He nodded say he agreed and I mentally prepared myself for my first real conversation with my sister who didn't know she was my sister.

I saw her get up, after making sure Potter and Weasley didn't follow her I got up and jogged out of the hall.

"Hermione!" I called down the hallway. She turned around her brown hair fanning out behind her as she did.

I finally caught up with her.
"What Zabini." She said coldly.

"I have a question." I said trying not to focus too much on the fact that I wanted to hug like my life depended on it and never let go.

"Okay, what is it." She said pushing some of her hair out of her face.

"Are you going with someone to the dance?" Wow that sounds, what if she thinks you're asking her. That wouldn't be too bad you could go as friends you could actually get to hang out with her.

"I'm not going with you." She drawled.

Ouch.

"I wasn't asking you a friend of mine wants to know." I said glancing at the necklace that I gave her two years ago. Then back up to her face.

"Oh that's clever, you ask me if I have a dote that way if I don't you can make fun of me and if I do you can claim that they aren't real." She scowled

"No I have a friend... that doesn't go here who wants to ask you." I said trying not to give away Krum, I don't want to end up dead.

"Fine you know what Zabini, I don't have a date. Because, No One Want To Go With A Mudblood!" She yelled running off down the hallway.
I walked back into the Great hall and walked over to Krum.
"She doesn't have one. But, I promise that if you hurt her in anyway, I will make sure that you are never able to have children." I said seriously.