The Decision

"What do you think about the boys?" My father inquired once we we're once again in the dinning room.

"Well I like them all." I spoke diplomatically.

"There is no need to avoid it, who has lived up to the mark." He said comfortingly.

"William, he's too arrogant. And simultaneously too dull to ever forge his own path." I said after taking a moment to organize my thoughts.

He nodded his head in approval of my assessment. "Thoughtfully said."

"Not Draco. I'm still not comfortable around him. And there is too much tension there."

This time it was my mother who spoke, "I agree. You shouldn't be forced into a situation any unwanted situations."

"So what about Theo, Charlie?" Blaise interjected.

"They both seem perfectly nice. True gentleman. But, I'm not sure who...." I felt very vain to be judging these boys, like I had the authority to observe their worth.

"How about this, your mother and I will softly break the news to the two families who's sons have not be chosen, then we will decide. And the chosen suitor will be notified within the next few days."  Blaise and I nodded, and our parents excused themselves from the table.

"I was thinking...." Blaise began, "You are spending alot of time alone and..."
He tapped his fingers on the table, "I'm just worried about you and I've been thinking that..."

"Blaise I've been adjusting and- I enjoy time alone. I'm not your average social butterfly." I smiled into the table, ashamed for making Blaise worry.

"Just.....Theo and I are going to Diagonal Ally tomorrow... Perhaps you'd like to come?" He gently touched my hand.

I thought about it. Home was so inviting. Books and tea. Blankets and safety. But looking into Blaise's eyes I could tell...he was worried. So to appease him and clear away the worry, I nodded.

"I'll go- sound like fun!" Perhaps if smiled enough it would work.

He jumped up excited and smiled, "Great!!! I'm going to go tell him before he leaves!!"

I smiled, holding in a sigh until he left the room. Tomorrow was going to be a long day.

•••the next day•••

I adjusted my blue skirt one more time and took a deep breathe before walking into the sitting room.

"Ready?" Blaise asked calmly.

"As ready as I can be." I grabbed his arm and we apparated to Diagon Alley.

We landed with a thud in a small alleyway off the main street and I felt a weight in my chest as we began to walk toward the bustling street.

"Hey, I'm going to go to Florish and Blotts... Meet you and Theo at McMillan's in half an hour?" I nudged Blaise, walking away before he could object.

I looked over my shoulder in time to see him shrug as I slipped into the crowded street, maybe being alone would allow me to blend in.

I walked down the cobblestones a little ways before reaching the storefront and walking in.

A distinct smell of old parchement and leather reached my nose as a bell sounded above the door. I quietly made my way through the crowded store toward the back wall- fiction adventure novels.

After browsing for a few minutes I selected a few books and began to make my way toward the front of the store, looking down at the hooks in my hand deliberating on my choice.