The Gate

With a thud i  landed on a large paved drive hidden amongst a wooded area. In front of me stood a rather large a menacing looking rod iron gate. The realization that after all of these years the writers of the letter may have moved hit me like a brick to the chest. 

Or maybe after all of these years, they would no longer wish to provide answers to a stranger. 

My shoes tapped lightly as i made my way up to the gate and pushed it open, heading into whatever lay before me with no grasp on what might happen to me. 

Blaise's POV

"Hey," Theo said catching my arm. "We'll find her." He nodded as if further assuring his point.

"Okay." It felt like a lie to myself. Not that i wanted to give up, i would search to the end of the earth to find my sister. But I was exhausted and it felt that the universe was aligning more and more against me each day. Maybe she didn't want to be found, or maybe some twisted omnipotent spirit had decided that our family would never be whole. No matter what- well.... i had never been one to take advice from spirits anyhow. 

"Theo, I'll see you tomorrow." I shot him a half smile, it was all i could muster. I knew better than to try and hide too much from him. He could see through me. 

"If you need anything, call me. Don't hesitate, just call." He looked at me and walked out of the door, shooting me one final glance over his shoulder as it clicked shut behind him.

A loud crack erupted through the air, and he was gone.

I walked down the stairs to the dungeon, it was nice, nothing like the Slytherin common room.

I sat down and realized that every thought that came into my mind was of her.

Our birthday was in a few week... I wish she could be here. But I guess she can't.

Pulling out my wand i apparated to my room, mum always hated when i apparated in the house. But i was too tired to care, and she was too hopeless to notice. 

I sat in my desk chair, looking at all of the pictures I had,

Me alone on a Quidditch field.

Ma alone outside the cinema.

With Theo and Draco at Florian's Ice Cream.

Park.

Hogwarts.

Birthdays.

Balls.

Parties.

Hangouts.

Shops.

Ice skating.

Snowboarding.

In every part, every random holiday that we celebrated there had always been one thing missing

Her.

She had slipped right through my fingers. Not that I had ever gotten to have her in my life. There is something about missing what you never had. That makes your chest ache a little more.

She was gone forever.

I had spent my whole life watching my twin sister grow up a part from me.

Watching her go through pain and never being able to help. Weighing the danger she was in with the danger she would be in if anyone found out.

Watching her get tortured and having to watch.