Dinner, Interrogations, and Best Behaviors

Theo:

There was a long standing silence between Blaise and I for a few weeks. At least physically.
We owled back and forth but he seemed to be spending as much time with his sister as he could, something I couldn't fault him for.

I sighed and fell into my bed.
The world seemed to radiate complexity now. Not that anything was ever simple. Now it seemed as though I️ the problems I️ faced were so engrained into existence that I️ couldn't find a single way to tackle them.

So while I️ tried to find a way around them I️ also avoiding their physical forms- the ministry job boards, my father's office, and my former school peers.

The worst part was the boredom.
It ate me away until there was nothing left but a feeling of being useless that gnawed on you're soul.

I felt helpless, and sitting still never helped. I️ had until September to prepare for taking over the company that I had been running for the past five years.

I had been handling it. While my dad was off trying to stay neutral in a war where there was no middle ground. Dad took the peaceful approach. Mum... she took the flee approach. She left in the middle of the night when I was little, as if she knew dark days were ahead...and couldn't bare to be a part of them.

And now....Dad was in Azkaban. You can only stay neutral so long and after what I can only recall as a night filled with yelling, he joined.

This meant the house was empty now. Just me and too many rooms filled with expensive furniture and sadness. It was hard to be there for long. And the nights were worse than the days, they never seemed to end.

Standing up a breeze from the window pushed some papers off of my desk.

I wondered how long I could stay in once place before I collapsed to the ground.

There was a crack downstairs and a voice called out.

"Theo-you here?"

I sighed and went to my door, opening it I yelled into the hallway.

"In my room."

I heard thundering up the stairs.

"Mate," Blaise thudded into the room with a look of dopey happiness on his face. I couldn't blame him. "We need to talk."

He had gotten everything back. And he deserved it.

I lost everything. And I deserved that.

"What's up?" I said busing myself straightening the already straightened room.

"I.... I think you should escort my sister."

I couldn't tell what I wanted to do with the glass paper weight I had picked up. Drop it out of shock. Or throw it against the wall because I didn't want to have to tell him what I knew I should.

I shouldn't do that. I couldn't escort her. She was..... I was.........

They were gaining they're family back. And by me escorting her to this stupid ball. It meant that they were making a statement of trust toward me. That they supported me. Though of me fondly and as a possible suitor for their daughter.

Everything around me died. Got broken. It all mimicked me. So they needed to stay far away from me.

I calm set the glass piece back on the desk.

"Blaise think about what you just said. " If he comes to his own conclusions it wont seem like I'm being a jerk.

"I have!" He declared loudly, his voice echoing through the empty house.