Planning and Moving

Any other person would say that there were no word to describe how they felt reading the the second page of the paper. But not the Brightest Witch of Her Age. 

She took a few minutes to compose herself and, though recently she had struggled to understanding her own internal monologue, she was very sure about what she was feeling in this moment. 

Worry. Specifically about what would happen in the next few days or weeks. 

Anger. For allowing herself to ignore this problems. 

Problem? No that wasn't quite the right word. It wasn't so much a problem as it was a - a situation. 

Yes. A situation. One she had seen coming but somehow was able to avoid thinking about despite it being the completely wrong thing to do. 

She was second page above the fold now. But it was naïve to think that it wouldn't move forward as more people became interested. Though it aggravated her insanely that people would not take more interest in the real news of the world such as the policy changes that were being made in the ministry. Its important that even in this time of rebuilding after fear we don't release too many powers. We often choose to give up rights for the greater good after trauma...but getting those rights back is a harder battle to fight. Its better to carefully examine the costs of what we are doing now rather than later.

But instead she knew what would happen. Despite Rita Skeeters debunkment in the public arena if the story was already being covered it wouldn't be long before she tried to use it to get another big break for herself. And because it was a real story other reporters would follow and soon the story would be something she couldn't avoid. There are few things more determined than a reporter who knows their onto something big.

Sitting around she decided it was better to make a plan that she could execute at any time. 

She had already started formulating a plan by the time that Blaise came back to the table with coffee. 

genealogy  tests shouldn't be that hard but i can research that when i get back

"Caramel Latte for Mari." Blaise set the cup down softly. 

then again maybe it would be faster to learn a genealogy spell.

"Dirty Chai for Pans." Another cup down. 

a controlled setting would be better. wait until i have to come forward and then control the setting that way im not inviting chaos around the topic. 

"And a triple espresso for me because i will not be getting through the day without it. " Blaise said positioning himself at the end of the table. 

I folded the paper and slipped it onto my lap. No need to discuss it here. 

And with that the morning continued unimpeded. 

Later that morning after much research and practice Mari was able to show that she was indeed related to the Zabini's. Or at least her parents and brother. 

But just because she could prove it doesn't mean that anyone would believe her...she could hear their voices echo around in her head. 

The potion was faked. its a trick. she didn't really cast the spell. the Zabini's want fame and they're doing it by disgracing Hermione Granger. 

Hermione Granger is just a mudblood. Trying increase her fame by blackmailing her way into a family she isnt a part of. 

Its all a lie, a ruse.