On the Nature of Closure and Progress

It is such a funny thing to be standing on the edge of your future and have no idea what it holds in store. If people would notice, they would realize that in fact every second of everyday holds this feeling. Everyday we are in store for what could be an unparrelelled adventure, the next great step of our lives. 

Hermione Mariella felt this way now. As she sat on the floor of Theo's living room next to her brother as they all attempted a muggle game called Monopoly. 

She had loved the game as a small girl. Her father always said she cheated. Her mother always said that he was just bad at the game. But he wasn't, not really. He usually let his daughter win, she caught on eventually but it felt like a secret she couldn't divulge. His letting her win. 

"I just don't.... ugh- this is not fair." Blaise said after rolling for a third time and still remaining in jail. 

"Well- it's the rules of the game. Besides, life isn't fair." Ginny said reaching over and nabbing the dice from his hands. 

She was stressed, Hermione Mariella that was. She was completely overwhelmed by the nature of what was happening and had not the slightest clue which path to take. 

Sure working at Hogwarts would give her the opportunity to mold young minds, perhaps make things more accessible to the muggle born students as (for al intensive purposes) she was raised as one. 

But would he be making a great enough impact? She thought back to Remus and his struggles, was there anyway she could change the magical creature department in the ministry in order to be more accommodating of those with ailments? 

Or what about Dobby? Surely house elves deserved more than what they were being given at the moment. 

"You two are just mad because you are losing." Harry snorted before grabbing a chocolate from the pile sitting in front of Pansy. 

"They've always been sore losers." Pansy rolled her eyes and tossed a chocolate jem at Draco's stony face. 

"I don't lose. So i wouldn't know." He snipped bitterly looking at the paper money in his hands. 

"Ohhh so he's got memory loss too now!" Ginny giggled.

What about all of the kids left orphaned by the war, they needed homes and books and a way to be educated and most importantly someone to love them. She could be helping there. 

But then she was rushed back to the idea of standing at the front of a large stony classroom, chalk in hand, ready to educate young minds on charms or potions or transfiguration. All of the possibilities began to overwhelm her again. 

"Cough it up Potter. " Draco held out his hand patiently. 

"Oh come off it, you need to get off that high horse you're on. You own one property. Mione owns like a third of the board!" Harry said placing a few fake bills into the blonde's hand. 

"Hey the game isn't over yet. Let's not count anyone out. Except for maybe me actually." Pansy looked down at her hand and realized for all of her careful money management she had forgotten to actually purchase any properties up to this point. 

Everything would be a good option, none of them were terrible choices. But there had to be a right answer? Right?