"New" In Town

The inside of Madam Pruitt's was tastefully decorated with grey slate floors. The back half of the store was dressing room and the front half was filled with racks of robes and dresses.

As we entered a tiny bell signaled customers.

Soon after we entered a greeting a small blond woman scurried over with a measuring tape draped around her shoulders.

She stopped a few feet away and placed a dress back onto a rack before turning to us.

"Blaise Zabini, why I haven't seen you in so long. Look how tall you've grown. Where is your mother?" She had already taken to twirling her wand around as dresses and robes in all different colors shifted and returned to their racks.

"She couldn't make it, I'm afraid your stuck with me. She did make an appointment though, we need a dress for..." he paused and looked at me.

He eyes were calculating and I could tell that he was debating on telling her.
I twitched my head a millimeter to the left and that was all he needed.

"My friend here. " he shifted gears.

"Oh- then you have come to the right place." She turned to me. "I haven't scene you around the Alley before dear, have I?"

"No, I'm afraid not." I said softly.

"Oh-are you visiting then?" She said cocking her head to the side.

I paused and chose my words with precision.

"No, not visiting I'm just--" I thought for another second. "I'm new in town."
Not a lie really.

"We'll allow me to welcome you. I'm Madam Pruitt." She stuck out a gold tipped hand with a glittering smile.

"Mariella." I said with feigned confidence.

"Well Mariella, I was given the event that you would need a dress for. Now looking at you I have a few dresses in mind. Something dark, mature. But hopeful, young."
As she rambled she walked up and down the isles occasionally swishing her wand in order to pull a dress from a random rack and send it flying to a back room.

After a minute or two she pushed me back to the dressing room.

~•~•~•~

I spent the hour trying on dress after dress only to be turned down by Madam Pruitt.

She sent me back with a dress and i looked at the material. It was soft and smooth, silk or satin. It was a dark blue almost black, and simple too. With beautiful folds at the bodice and a simple neckline.

I attempted to slip it on and found it too tight and sighed in defeat.
As I went to take it off I noticed my wand laying on the chair.

I knew i couldn't change it but Madam Pruitt...

After calling her over she happily made necessary adjustments and approved the dress.

After I changed back she shooed away Blaise's attempt to take the dress.

"I wouldn't trust you with such an amazing piece of work. I'll have it sent to your house and if your mother doesn't like it she can have it sent back. Now go go I don't have all day you too."