Chapter 2

Little bit of a filler/transition chapter, sorry it's short. I hate making fillers lol. Song is Ur So F**king Cool by Tones and I.

I woke up to someone nudging my side. I groaned, rolling over and trying to swat at whatever had interrupted my sleep. Suddenly, I got slapped across the face, making me sit up with a yelp, eyes flying open. I looked around, startled, only to realize that I could barely see. I heard shuffling and saw black outlines of people against a dark gray background. I frowned, confused until a voice spoke up.

"Finally, you're awake. I thought you'd never wake up, dumbass."

I glared in the direction of Evan's voice, wanting to rip him apart all of a sudden. I growled and scooted towards him, now that I could make out just a bit of him. I also reached up and switched on my mask. It lit up the room a bit in an eerie red glow. It meant that I could see Evan, though. Thermal and not. He wore a haughty expression and I growled, furious.

"Who te hell are you callin dumbass? I'm not te one who almost got all of us killed! I'm not te one who endangered everyone's lives! Yer te dumbass, Evan!"

His expression turned angry and he scooted forward, glaring at me. He had taken his mask off already. My accent was becoming more pronounced because I was angry.

"Well, soRRY I was trying to keep the gang from dying! If we didn't attack, we would've been taken down!"

"Ye would have anyway! Ye promised us in te beginnin tat ye wouldn't take it tis far! And ten ye had te get John and I involved again because of yer bloodlust!"

"Well, you didn't have to come back! That was your choice!"

"MY CHOICE?! I only came back because ye asked me te. Because ye got yerself and te ot'ers fucked over! Because yer my FRIEND!"

"I don't want your stupid friendship! You're useless to me! You aren't powerful enough to do jack shit! I rather have literally ANYBODY other than you and John!"

Everyone was watching our argument like it was a tennis match, eyes wide and mouths open. When John's name was brought into the conversation, he looked hurt and angry, looking like Evan had just destroyed his childhood toy. Everyone froze when Evan said that and I felt my temper skyrocket. He did not just say that.

"Not powerful enough...really?"

My voice was deceptively calm and Evan's eyes widened as I stood up. He scrambled up to try to be on my level, but I was a good few inches taller than him and I looked down at him with a fiery burn in my eyes. I slowly took my mask off, setting it down on the floor and staring him down all the while. Before he could comprehend what was about to happen, I lunged forward, punching him square in the jaw. He stumbled back, his expression switching from shock to stormy anger in about a second. He growled and threw himself at me, tackling me to the ground. We rolled with each other, punching, clawing, kicking, and screaming profanities at each other. The others frantically scrambled out of the way, trying not to get in the middle of this. I was in the middle of trying to claw his eyes out when a sudden light blinded both of us, making us break apart and try to shield our eyes. Somehow, though, the light stayed with us, still blinding me, and I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to get rid of the light. It was still there. How was it still there?!

"God, what the heck happened in the past year?! Craig, stop, we need them both to be able to see."

The familiar voice echoed through the room we were in, making my heart speed up and the light disappear. I opened my eyes, blinking rapidly to try and clear my vision. Standing in the doorway was Brock, dressed in his sunset tanktop and wearing black shorts instead of the jeans he was wearing earlier. Whenever earlier was, anyway. Evan and I scrambled away from each other, glaring and making mental death threats. He spoke again, sounding annoyed.

"It's a wonder you've all stayed alive this long! I mean seriously, not to start spouting motivational quotes, but you're all only as strong as your weakest link. And I swore a couple of you promised you would quit...?"

I met his disappointed and angry gaze, looking down quickly after in shame. He surveyed the room, looking like he was analyzing everyone. His gaze returned to me and Evan and he sighed, shaking his head.

"Everyone follow me. If you try anything, you'll be severely punished. And I see you, don't think that just because I'm a normally non-violent person that I won't kick your gotdamb asses and hand them back to you on a silver platter."

We all looked at him with mouths agape, severely shocked by the words that just came out of his mouth. I'd only heard Brock swear once in his life, and that was about two years ago when he accidentally cut himself while chopping up some veggies for a stir fry. He'd said it so softly that if it hadn't been for the fact that my ear was practically right next to his mouth I wouldn't have heard it at all. I could see the guys behind Brock in the hallway silently laughing at our shock. Evan recovered first, quickly straightening and glaring at Brock with the most "fuck you" expression I had ever seen.

"Yeah right, the hell you will! We're leaving right now, or els-ack!"

In the blink of an eye Scotty was behind Evan, grabbing him in a stranglehold as Evan's eyes widened in shock, and just a bit of fear. Brock chuckled and crossed his arms, advancing into the room to stand in front of Evan. He stared him down, both of them being roughly the same height. Brock gave just a small smile, cocking his head slightly to the left and looking him up and down.

"Or else what, Evan? I saved you, idiots, from an early grave, I can put you back in it just as easily. You're in my domain now. My house, my rules. And if you don't follow them-"

He grabbed the front of Evan's shirt, yanking him toward him so that they were less than 3 inches away from each other. The look on Brock's face made all of us shrink back, and I felt the room's temperature drop by a few degrees.

"-Then you're gonna get a taste of the pain we went through. Not so cocky when your head is the one on the chopping block, huh?"

Evan's hands were shaking and I saw him swallow, fear flashing across his face as he looked Brock in the eye. He shook his head meekly and Brock let go of him, shoving him backward. Evan stumbled back into Scotty, who shoved him into Del. Scotty walked out the door and Brock backed up so that he was in the doorframe again. He surveyed the room again, his eyes landing on mine. I shuddered as his cold gaze bored into my soul, making my skin crawl. I didn't like this side of Brock. This side terrified me.

"Now that that's over with...follow me."

He turned on his heel and left the room, the rest of us scrambling after him.