Chapter 3

Hey everybody! It's been a while, I know, but I lost motivation for this story. That's why this story is now, for the most part, going to be written by the amazing dtanner1215! Her work is really great and she's an amazing author! She didn't want to watch this story die, and I didn't either, so you all get to read her work from now on, at least for the most part. A big thanks to her, and now onto a more regularly scheduled program!

Also, the song is Team by Lorde.

Third Person P.O.V-

"Alright boys, so here's how this is gonna go," Brock said as he led them all into a large room. There was various equipment all around the room and a large cage in the middle. "We're going to spar you guys to see what we've missed in the past year. After that you have three choices: Choice A is where you stop the life of crime and start helping us take out the other gangs by joining the Resistance, Choice B is where you stop the life of crime and live normal, boring lives, and Choice C is where you keep up the life of crime, but know that we will come and throw you in jail. We hesitated before, but we won't anymore. It looks like things haven't changed much in how Evan runs things, though, so it shouldn't be too hard of a choice."

Evan huffed, "And what's that supposed to mean? Of course I haven't changed how we do things, it clearly works."

"Clearly, given we just had to save your sorry asses," Craig retorted with a snort.

Evan opened his mouth to answer as Brock held up a hand to stop him, "Don't. Clearly, your leadership is all about them following orders, rather than all of you figuring out the best solution to the problem. I mean, what kind of leader actually tells anyone in their group that they don't want them or that they're useless?"

"You're just mad because I was dissing your boyfriend."

"Don't know if you can still really say that we're dating after a year of not seeing one another, but what's to keep you from saying the same things to the others? That would be like me telling Craig that he's useless because all he can do is bend light and not really help in a fight. Not only would I be wrong, but that hurts him and the team. You never looked at the guys as an actual team, did you? Just as a group of lackeys that you could order around."

Evan sputtered, while his team snorted behind him at the floundering man.

"That's what I thought, now back to business. Jaren, I want you and Jon in the ring. Fire versus water seems fair."

Jaren just nodded, walking to the cage. Jon stayed where he was, glancing between Evan and Brock.

"What if I don't want to spar?" Jon asked, knowing that Evan thought this was a waste of time.

Brock shrugged, "Then we lock you back in that cell until we're ready for you to leave. Sparring can't hurt anything, unless someone takes it too far."

Jon glanced at Evan again, who just shrugged. He did think it was a waste of time, but if it got them out of there faster than they might as well. It would give them a chance to see what new tricks the others had learned too.

"Okay, let's get this over with then," Jon said, walking to the cage. Jaren held the gate open for him before pulling it shut behind them and putting the latch in place.

"On 3," Brock said, "1, 2, 3!"

Jon lunged at Jaren, a whip of water sprouting from his hand. Jaren leapt over it, kicking Jon in the chest in the process. He slid backwards, stopping his attack, and just stared at Jaren for a minute.

"What's wrong, Jonny boy?" Jaren jeered, "Didn't think we'd learned any new tricks?"

Jon grunted and lunged again, annoyance on his face. This time he didn't try to use any power and just tackled Jaren to the ground. Once he had him pinned, he started to pull streams of water to him. He felt all the areas where he was touching Jaren start burning, like the man himself was on fire. Looking down, he saw that Jaren was turning red, but not from exertion. He was glowing like coal in a grill.