Chapter 13

Song is Apologize by Timbaland feat. OneRepublic. Not the best chapter song but tbh I couldn't think of anything better.

Evan's POV

Everyone turned to us and conversations died as Brock and I entered the main room. He went over and stood by Brian, who was leaning against a wall talking to Tyler on the couch. Brock nodded to me with a small smile on his face.

"So," I started, awkwardly rubbing the back of my neck. I had no idea where to even start, "I'm sorry. I know that doesn't mean much, but I am."

"Uh huh," Jaren said, crossing his arms. The look on his face said it all, I would need to say a lot more before they even considered allowing me to join them.

I sighed, "I am. I'm sorry to all of you. I'm sorry to all of you in the Resistance for being an asshole all of those times we fought before that day. I'm sorry for allowing everything to happen that day and not stepping in to help. I'm sorry that I was a complete dick yesterday when you guys were just trying to help us."

I turned to Scott, "I'm sorry for attacking you after you surrendered, I have no excuse for that other than I was trying to be an ass."

I looked at each person as I started to apologize to them, "I'm sorry for calling you useless Marcel, you're not, but I was mad about everything, and it was the only thing that I could come up with which doesn't make it right but is why it was said. I'm sorry John for letting you leave and not fighting for you to say and you too, Brian. Neither of you are useless either, but I was made that you were picking your boyfriends over us. There's no reason that I should have been mad about it because I probably would have done the same thing in your shoes. I'm also sorry for trying to kill you yesterday, Brian. I don't know what else to say other than I'm sorry for that. I just saw red and took it out on you to try and get at Brock. Tyler, Lui, I've just been a complete asshat to the both of you over the past few years, and I'm sorry for that. I don't think I said anything as specific to you guys like I did the others, but if I did, I'm sorry for it. Ryan, I know I haven't done anything to you recently, at least that I'm aware of, but I was horrible to you in school, and I'm sorry for that as well. Thank you for actually healing me, even if it was just for Jon. You really will never know what that means to me that even though I convinced him to stop being around you, you still cared enough for him to help me. And Jon. God, I'm so sorry for everything, and I wouldn't blame you if you left me. Hell, I wouldn't blame any of you if you threw me out right now or took me to the police. I deserve nothing more. I don't deserve your friendship, or forgiveness, but you all deserved to hear my apologies. They might mean nothing to you, and that makes sense, but you deserve them nonetheless."

I stopped and took a breath, there was nothing more I could say. All I could do was wait for what they had to say. I meant what I said, if they wanted me gone I would leave and not argue at all. I didn't deserve any of their forgiveness, let alone Brock's.

"What about everything you've done to Brock? I don't hear you apologizing to him," Craig said sourly.

"Evan and I have already made our peace. I've also already made my decision about it, but we need to make this decision as a group. Whatever all of you decide is what will happen," Brock said. Brian looked at him with a quirked eyebrow, it was like they were talking without words, which was always weird to me.

"I want te know why," David said.

"Why?" I questioned.

"Ye said something about not helping us t'at day. What all did ye mean by t'at? I can deal with ye being an ass the rest of t'e time, but why t'en? Why were ye willing to see us get bullets to t'e head?"

I hung my head, out of everything that was the one thing that haunted me the most, "Because I was selfish and prideful."

I slowly looked around at the men who had been on my team, knowing that this would be the final nail in my coffin. But they needed to know.