Chapter 8

Song is I Like Me Better by Lauv.

Scott's POV

After Craig pulled me up the stairs, he walked me to my room.

"You need to sleep, Scott," he started, "I know you haven't in a few days and after your fight with Evan you need it even more."

I shrugged, "I can try. There's a reason I don't, you know. It's not like I don't want to."

"I know. All I'm asking is that you try. Don't go watch the cameras like I know you have been."

I ducked my head, "Sorry, it just makes me feel better. I like knowing that I'm at least a little bit in control of the things around me."

"Scott," the tone of his voice made me look at him, "You know I get it."

Of course he did. We didn't begrudge Jaren or Brock for getting back with their guys. We were ecstatic that it had happened, but we couldn't help being jealous. I had talked to Marcel earlier today, and we had made up, but he had still left with Evan. That told me that we couldn't be together. As long as he was on that side of the law, he would be my enemy. I hated the idea of it. Tyler and Lui had made the same decision.

"I promise to try to sleep. You should go check on David, though. Today was bound to mess with him more than either of us."

Craig gave me a look before nodding and heading down the hall, "I'm going to come check on you and if I find out that you're not in your room, I'm gonna kick your ass."

I just chuckled and went into my room. I knew he would, but I was going to try to sleep after I took a shower. I still had blood on me from earlier, and the heat would do wonders for the bruises I knew were to come. After my shower, I pulled on some sweatpants before laying in bed. I started at the ceiling, trying to clear my head and be able to sleep. My door clicked open quietly, and I saw Craig peek his head in. He must have decided that I was sleeping because he left without a word. I gave it about 20 more minutes before I teleported down to the camera room, since I knew Craig would be listening for me to leave my room.

It had probably been about 2 hours since I came down here when I saw movement on one of the screens. Our main cameras were on the doors of the base, but we also had some on the areas surrounding us. Looking closer, I saw that it was a person walking towards our base. They kept glancing around like they were scared of something but didn't stop. Because of the angle I didn't get a good look at them, but when an image appeared on a different screen I gasped before bolting out of the room and to the door they were closest to. When I got there I threw open the door, startling the person who hadn't even had a chance to knock. I stared at Marcel, not believing he was in front of me again.

"Hey Scott," he said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck, "I'm sorry that I left earlier. I was scared and didn't make the right choice, but I want to be with you. After we left, I felt like I had left part of me here, and it took me longer than it should have to realize that I had. I'll understand if you tell me to get lost and that you never want to see me aga-"

I cut him off by pulling him into a kiss. God, I had missed this, missed him. I finally pulled away with a smile on my face and one slowly forming on his.

He laughed lightly, "That's a much better answer than I expected or deserved."

"Shut up," I said, punching his arm softly, "We all make stupid decisions. I'm just glad it didn't take you long to realize it."

I pulled him into another kiss before pulling him all the way inside and shutting the door.

"Come on, now that you're here, I might be able to actually get a good night's sleep," I murmured as I pulled him up the stairs and to my room.