Chapter 15

Brock's POV

The first thing I felt was the heat. It was so intense. The next thing I felt was that I was strapped down. I wasn't sure what I was strapped to, but the bonds were tight, so there was no getting free. The third thing I felt was someone staring at me. I always hated that feeling.

Blinking my eyes open, I couldn't see anything around me. There was a hot wind blowing in my face, drying out my eyes, so I closed them again. Before I had a chance to open them a second time, I saw a light flick on from behind my eyelids. The wind died down some, but not enough for me to be able to do anything still.

Whoever grabbed me knows their stuff, I thought. Even the BBS hadn't figured out that if I got too hot, I couldn't use my powers. I thought Jaren was the only one who knew that. Must have been a lucky guess on these people's part.

I was slowly opening my eyes again when I heard a giggle. It almost sounded child-like, but not. The longer it went on, the louder and closer it got. I couldn't see anything around me because of the light in my face, but I could tell there was someone in the shadows.

"Who are you?" I coughed out.

The giggling stopped, but no words were said. The shadow continued to move around me, like the person wanted to see me from all angles before deciding anything.

"What do you want?"

"What do I want?" A whisper sounded in my ear. I jerked my head that way, but there was no one there. I looked around more, but still couldn't find anyone. The shadow I had seen, or at least thought I had seen earlier, was gone.

I sat there for a minute trying to calm my breathing and nothing else was said. Had I imagined the voice, or was someone playing with me? It still felt like someone was watching me, but I couldn't be sure anymore. I looked down at myself and found that I was tied to a chair that looked like it was from an asylum. I had straps across my chest, arms, and legs and could see where it could bend if you wanted it to. Twisting my wrists to test the restraints, I felt that both of my wrists were bare and froze. Now I was trying not to panic. If my bracelet was gone, then the guys had no way to find me.

I snapped my head up, hearing scuffling in the shadows. There was a figure there again, smaller than the first, and this time they were muttering something. I tried to focus on them and figure out what and didn't like what I heard.

"Ring around the rosie," a small voice chanted, "Pocket full of posies."

The figure started skipping around me.

"Ashes, ashes."

I tried to follow them, but it was impossible.

"We all fall down!" The voice giggled once they were finished and then started again.

"Ring around the rosie..."

"You want to know why you're here?" A different voice whispered in my ear again. I jumped as much as the restraints allowed, my body shaking. What was going on?

"Ryla, sweetheart," the singing stopped, "Go find Cece and tell him we'll be ready in a minute or so."

I saw a door open and a little girl walk out of the room before the door shut again, leaving me alone with the first voice.

"You're here, because you'll make me millions. I mean, who wouldn't pay to see you? The city's great protector! Oh, what fun we'll have watching you, pushing you."

I recognized that voice from somewhere. Where did I know it from?

"Who are you?"

"Someone who's invested in you. Someone who didn't get what they wanted the first time around, so we'll have another go. Someone who won't be found by your friends."

A man walked into the light holding something in his hand. He made a slow approach towards me, tilting his head like he was examining me.

"Still no idea?"

I stared at him, trying to match the face and voice to a memory. I knew them, but not well.

"Well, that's just disappointing. I would have thought the great Moo would have had a better memory than that. I guess you did only get to see me for seconds before your friend pulled you away. Shame we didn't get to do more to Evan that day, would have been a lot more fun to have you find his corpse."

He stared at me as everything clicked. I still didn't know who he was other than the guy who was trying to get information on us from Evan, but at least I knew why I recognized him.

"So who are you then? All I know is that you kidnapped my friend and now me."

"You'll find that out soon enough," he answered, walking the rest of the way up to me. I tried to pull away, but knew there was no point. "Let's just get this on you here, and I'll be on my way."

He clamped a collar around my neck, pushing a button before moving away. I cried out when I felt something like hooks stab into my skin and latch on.

"This is just a fun little way to allow you to roam, but not get away," he held up a remote and pushed a button. I felt a shock go through my whole body, leaving me breathless, "That was just a low setting, by the way. When we finally let you out of this chair, it'll be turned up much higher, so I suggest doing as told. Oh, and don't try just pulling it off either, because that will rip your nerves out and a few veins, killing you."

He shrugged as he started back towards the door, "At least our new pet looks stylish. Can't have you running around like a savage with a metal collar now can we?"

A mirror dropped in front of me and I could see that the collar was encased in leather and had Moo burned on to it. I looked back at the man before he walked out of the room.

"Try to get some sleep, pet, you have some big days ahead of you," he cackled and shut the door, leaving me alone.

I was shaking again, and I knew this was going to trigger another panic attack. The tears started to flow down my cheeks as I let it wash over me, hoping that I didn't die from my erratic breathing and praying that the guys can find me.