14

///
Ok

I know it's been going pretty slow but don't worry. Its gonna start getting kinda good (hopefully)

How 'bout an actual conversation between Roman and Virgil?

Lmaooooo
Hi guys XD
///

(Virgil POV)

Why.

Am.

I.

LIKE THIS.

I met the man who would be "watching over me" his name is Remy. The first task he gave me....

Was cleaning shelves.

Really tall freaking shelves.

Why does life hate me.

While trying to clean up high I fell like an idiot and had to speak to him.

Not Remy.

FREAKING PRINCEY.

And when he asked my name? I gave him the only name I could think of. "Malick". Who the hell names their child Malick? Apparently my grandparents since it was my father's name. My family has a long history of odd names.

My mind is all over the place as I continue to scrub the floors of princey's chambers. The water sloshes across the lueur-wood floor as I push the dark rag back and forth. As I continue to scrub, the door opens and shuts. Thinking it is Remy, I ignore it and continue scrubbing. The footsteps get louder until they stop behind me. I feel a pair of eyes staring but refuse to acknowledge whoever it is. They clear their throat.

Princey.

I keep scrubbing the floors, only pausing for a split second. But that split second was too long.

"Um. Hello there," the sound of the sloshing water stops as I pause my scrubbing. I turn and look to see him standing by a bookcase. My eyes go to the ground as I nod my head, acknowledging his presence. I go back to scrubbing, getting closer to finished, "Malick. Right?" I nod my head again. Princey walks over to lean on another bookcase where I am able to make out the outline of his boots.

"You don't really talk a lot do you?" Becoming much harder by the minute, I continue to ignore him, instead picking up my bucket and rags and standing up slowly. He takes a step closer, "Can you hear?" Princey steps in my way causing me to bump into him. A little water splashes from the bucket. I look up at him.

"Excuse me, sir. I must finish my chores." Gosh calling him sir is dreadful. I turn around and walk to the other side of the room, setting down my bucket and rags. The rag is dipped in the bucket and rung out. Footsteps echo as he follows me.

"You can take a break, you know." 

"Yes I know that." I start scrubbing the floors. Just blend in. Don't cause trouble, Virgil.

"Malick, can't you see I am try to have a conversation?" I throw the rag on the floor.

"I do see that, and yet my failure to acknowledge your attempts seems to make you feel that to continue is the correct course of action." He scoffs, looking taken aback. This quickly changes to a subtle smirk.

"Would you look at that, he speaks." I roll my eyes as I go back to my 'chores', "well don't stop now. Come on, say something else."

"What am I supposed to say? You have started this conversation yet have made no effort to choose a topic of discussion."

"Why do you talk like that?"

"Talk like what?"

"Like... well that" he flails his arms in an attempt to make his point, "like you are having tea with the queen." I chuckle and shake my head.

"I guess I hung around someone I knew and he rubbed off on me."

"Oh and who is this mystery person? A friend? A lover? Guy? Gal? A non-binary pal? Tell me!" The rag has been forgotten as I sit cross legged on the floor. Guess I can't get out of this.

"Do you think I am about to tell my life story to you? Not a chance," he laughs.

"Come on. At least give me SoMEthIng to work with. Anything!" I shake my head.

"Sorry but I'm not your other servants. I will not do whatever you say at the drop of a hat."

"Please???" I look away from him, crossing my arms in a huff.

"Pleaaasseee???" 

"PLllllLLEEAAASssssssEEeeEEEEeEeeeeee?" Princey slid off his bed and next to me, shaking my arm.

"Nope. Nice try princey," I laugh genuinely but princey has gone frozen.

"Princey?"

Oh shit.

"I- I mean, sir. My apologies," he sighs and looks down, finding his boots quite lovely to look at. There was an awkward silence as he sat there. I had no idea what to do, "sir, are you alright?"

"You called me princey."

"I know, sir, and I am sorry for that, " I internally cringe.

"No it's fine. You can call me that. It's just.."

"Just what." He seems to be remembering something as he stares off, almost frozen.

"...just someone I met. That's all he would call me," he laughs quietly, "well that and bitch." Can't believe he remembers that.

"Do they mean anything to you?" He looks up at me.

"I've only met them twice"

"That didn't really answer my ques-"

"Enough about me. Tell me something about yourself. Malick is an interesting name. Why were you named so?" I guess he doesn't want to talk about it. My eyes go to the floor feeling his eyes on me.

"There's nothing much to tell. My family was like other families, at least that's what I was told." 

"What you were told?" I fiddle with my fingers.

"I only really remember my mother. My father, not so much. Only that his name was Malick. A family friend would tell me stories about my father and mother..." My voice trails off as I sit frozen, remembering things I hadn't thought about in years.

My mother calling my sisters and I to dinner, singing me to sleep at night. Logan told me my father, Malick, was a kind and loving man. Sadly I don't know. I barely remember him.

As if he had been wiped away...

"This getting very depressing." Princey nods in agreement.

"Ya know you kind of remind me of someone?" 

"Really? Who?" He smiles softly.

"The boy I met twice." For a split second I freeze, thinking he has found me out. Luckily he hasn't.

"Oh really?" He nods, "and what was the name of this mysterious boy?" Princey stares off still with a soft smile adorning his face.

"Virgil," he turns to look at me, "His name is Virgil."

I can't believe he actually remembered my name from Janus shouting it to the window. Man I am going to kill De when this is all over with.

"What a weird name," I reply.

///

Yes. I know, I know.

Not the best chapter.

Pretty awkward but its finnneeee.

I'll do some major editing when this story is finished.

Question for ya:

If you were given one million dollars, what would you do with it?

///