17

///

I'm just gonna warn ya now...

///

(Virgil's POV)

TW

Screams. All around me was thousands of screams. Children, innocents. It is unbearable.

"Quick. Take him, get him out of here!"  The sound of a woman's shouts are deafening. A pair of hands pick me up. I try to wriggle out of their grip but can't. I am so small and fragile. A baby. The unknown person holds me close to their body, strong arms and hands protecting me, "Run! They can't get to him!" 

Sounds of doors being broken down echo throughout the room. The being protecting me takes off away from the sounds, into a hidden tunnel in the wall. Quickly they place me in their lap as they use a piece of fabric to create a sort of sling.

"Everything will be fine. It will be fine. You will be safe." Another scream this time sounding like the woman. My eyes shut as the screams grow louder and louder until

Silence.

Not quiet.

Complete silence. My protector slowly picks me up and holds me close. I catch a glimpse of their face. He had strong features and dark blue eyes. He was so familiar....

I am slung onto his back as he pushes open the hidden wall slightly. The man sighs.

"They are not going to get you. I promise. I promise to always protect you"

"Malick?"

"Malick!" A hand pulls on my arm hard. I jerk back, falling onto the ground. My breathing was very shallow and I could feel my power growing. Small purple swirls slowly fade my vision. I look up to see a blurry Princey coming towards me. I scramble away in a panic. 

If he get's too close, I'll be revealed. I am barely able to hold onto this form right now.

"Malick, what happened?" He reaches a hand out and I push myself away yet again. Getting the message, princey crouches down, giving me space, "Malick. Malick you need to breath ok? Breathe in for four," I try to do as he says, breathing in for four, but quickly release my breath, "that's ok. Try again. In four, hold seven, out eight. Just keeping repeating it. You are doing great, Malick"

I continue the excercise until my panic calms somewhat and the purple fades away. I sigh and look down. In my hand, still, was the black pendant. Without a second thought I through it out of my reach, shocking Princey in the process.

"Woah, Malick. What happened?" I shook my head and curled up, pulling at my hair that was starting to shift back to black.

"I- I- I don't - I don't know," My eyes meet Princey's and I see his face full of fear and something else that is hard to describe. He moves closer to me. As he does, he pushes the necklace farther away.

"You can tell me. What did you see?" Flashes of the past race through my brain. The screaming woman, the protective arms. The doors.

The woman.

That voice.

Her voice.

Her son.

"I heard my mother." Princey paused.

"What do you mean?" I scoot away from him, burying my head in my arms.

"I- I heard her. That's all,"