15

///
Yo yo yo
What's cookin good lookin'

....idk.... it's late

K back to the story
///

(Roman's POV)

There is something about that Malick fellow. I cannot really put my finger on it.

There are moments in which I see him as the servant, Malick, and other times when...

Well honestly I don't know.

We talked a great while about our lives and other topics. I watched as slowly but surely, Malick began to open up to me. His laugh and smile were infectious. Too bad as soon as his walls would come down, they would instantly be built back up.

What is it about him that enchants me so?

As I lay my head back down on my pillow, Remy walks in holding a tray most likely with my breakfast.

"Rise and shine bitch! Time to wake up and smell the fresh as- Oh you are awake." He stops at the foot of my bed and looks at me. I bet I looked like a hot mess. My hair was sticking out every which way from me pulling at it, my clothes were wrinkled and smelled slightly sour. The bags under my eyes were more prominent than ever.

Remy quickly set the tray down on my desk, "Roman. Are you ok?" I grab a pillow and pull it onto my face, proceeding to groan and scream into it, "...alright I'll take that as a no." He walked to the other side and sat on top of the covers, leaning back on the head board, "spill."

I threw the pillow on the floor and sighed, "I don't know, Remy. It's just. I don't know."

"Well is there something else you can give me other than I don't know?" I turn and look at him noticing him moving his hands in a way to hint for me to give further explanation. My eyes went back to the ceiling.

"Malick."

For a second I could have sworn Remy froze as if he knew something I didn't, but I brushed it off, "What about him?" Remy asked. My hands flailed and gestured out.

"I don't know. It's just. He's so.... and acts like.... and when he..... and Virgil-"

"Wait what?"

"Weren't you listening to what I was saying?"

"Uh no. You were mumbling half the time. Can I press rewind real quick and say whatever you were attempting the first time? Please and thank you." I roll my eyes and sit up, leaning against the headboard. With a deep breath, I tried again.

"There is something about him. I don't really know how to explain it. He just reminds me so much of..." I paused, "of.."

"Of the boy Virgi." Remy finished. I nodded. Wait.

"You know who Virgil is?"

Remy stopped.

"You told me about him. Don't you remember? With the whole violet eyes thing?" 

"Yea. But not once have I ever mentioned his name." He froze, "Remy. What are you hiding."

"I'm not hiding anything at all and I resent the accusation. I best be off." As quickly as he had come, he had run out the door, even leaving his cup of coffee half full on the tray.

He is hiding something, I can feel it. I lift the tray up and onto my lap and begin eating the grapes.

He knows Virgil. It's obvious. And I am going to find out what else he is hiding.

///

Yes. Yes.

I know.

It is short, but I wanted to get at least something out.

Apologies for not publishing on time again. My final exams have made me very busyy.

Anyways here is the question for this chapter:

If you could shape shift into anything on command, what would it be?

///