Chapter Three - John F. Kennedy Problems

Well hi! I've been horrible and haven't posted for like two weeks, so sorry. Motivation was down and I was really stuck. This kinda sucks and it's a little short, but I'm back, for the few readers who are here, so enjoy! Also do you think that antagonisingly is a word? Cause I really thought that it was.

————————————————————————

The next week went by slowly. So slow it was almost painful. With the same routine everyday.
1. Wake up early
2. Make breakfast for littles
3. Get the littles ready for school
4. Walk them to school and back
5. Stay at the orphanage, bored out of your mind
Penny hated it. Pamela didn't need her to teach this week, so pretty much all day was laying around bored, walking aimlessly and trying to entertain herself. For a whole week. And after five days of that, it got annoying. And while Oliver and Ginny tried their best to help keep her from going insane, they had school work to do, and boy did Pamela take that seriously.

"Oliver come one. You've got 10 minutes left. Then I promise we're done. " Pamela had found Oliver, finding refuge in Penny's room, trying to ignore and escape the lesson.

"No." Oliver whined.

"Oliver, it's ten minutes. You're not going to die."

"Come on. Penny? Back me up."

"Sorry Ollie, as much as I want some company, you really should get back to your lesson." Penny signed back, chuckling. He pouted back, sticking his bottom lip out.

"Fine." he finished, letting Pamela bring him back to the lesson. Laying back down on her bed, Penny stared up at the popcorn ceiling, connecting the bumps to make pictures. A dog, a ship, a rainbow. Soon, the movements of her raised arm turned sluggish, tired from being held up for so long. Letting it fall to her side, she sighed. Maybe she should just go to school. It would keep her entertained all day. But on the other hand, people. That was the deal breaker. She couldn't deal with people all day, and by the stories Isaiah and Charlotte told her, she didn't want to meet most of the people there. Plus, she had to take care of the littles when they had to came home from school.

"Geez my life is pathetic." Penny muttered to herself as she rolled out of her bed, literally. Landing with a soft thump on the floor, she pushed herself up to her feet, groaning. Walking down the stairs, she propped herself up on the railings and jumped down, landing at the bottom. In the kitchen, Oliver was hastily scribbling down words, probably promised that he could leave if he finished the assignment. Ginny was sitting on the other side of the table, pointing out and signing a wrong word once and a while, making Oliver glare up at her. Penny looked up at the clock situated on the wall, seeing it read 3 o'clock. Perfect. Isaiah and Charlotte would have just been let out, so they would be home in about 15 minutes.

"Hey Penny!" She turned to see Pamela calling out to her. "Do you want me to get the littles today?"

"Nah I can get them, I should do something other than lying around today." Pamela chuckled and replied,

"Alright sounds good. Yes you can go Oliver."  Pulling on her hoodie and some frayed shoes, Penny started the short walk toward the school. It was the perfect weather. Not too hot, not too cold, and the sun was shining, that was one of the perks of spring. Arriving at the school, Penny walked up to the front, and grinned when she saw the small group of children running toward her.

"Penny guess what!" As all four of the kids had gathered around, Penny noticed that they all held a sheet of paper in their hands.

"What?" Penny asked, crouching down to their level.

"We drew today, and look what I did!" Callie shoved the paper in Penny's face, and to her surprise, she saw her name. It was a good drawing, for a 6 year old, and it was of Callie, Jake, the twins, and her. All holding hands.