Chapter Nine - Cool

Penny followed Bucky to the street, a backpack full of everything she had on her back, the small gifts she had gotten, the picture, car and Milo, clutched tightly in her hands. They stopped at the curb, causing Penny to stop suddenly, almost bumping into Bucky.  Propped in front of them, was a motorcycle, two helmets perched on top. A small smile spread on her face.

"A motorcycle?" She voiced. 

"Oh yeah. Is that alright?" A hint of worry crept into his voice, and Penny was quick to correct herself.

"No I love it! I've always wanted to ride a motorcycle." She kept her eyes trained on the machine, her smile growing wider. She caught Bucky's eyes and saw that the worry had left them.

"Oh good." Bucky picked up the smaller helmet, black in colour. "I guessed the size but it should fit." Penny first packed everything into her backpack, zipping it up snugly, and tied her hair into a low ponytail, before taking the helmet out of Bucky's hands. She fit it on her head, grinning widely when it fit perfectly. Bucky couldn't help but match the grin as he saw Penny happy. He gently buckled it up, and flipped down the visor. "How's it feel?" 

"Cool. Really cool." Penny couldn't keep the excitement out of her voice. 

"Well you look cool." He commented, putting on his own helmet, and climbing onto the bike. "Come on. Just sit right behind me and hold on." Penny carefully climbed on, and lightly held around his torso. "Oh and don't worry about holding too tight." He started up the bike, and asked, "You ready?" 

"You know it." With that, they were off. Penny held tighter, a smile now taking over her face. She was loving this already. 

It was a short drive to Bucky's place, nevertheless, Penny loved every minute of it. He parked his bike, both of them climbing off and pulling their helmets off. 

"You've got helmet hair." Bucky commented, ruffling the top of Penny's head. She scrunched her nose, pulling out her ponytail and shaking her hair out. She ran her hands through it a couple times to try and get it under control. Then she saw Bucky's hair, sticking up in places and mussed.

"So do you." Penny pointed out. That caused him to move his eyes up, trying to look at his own hair. Penny chuckled, before Bucky ran his hand through his hair, and ruffling it out. 

"Alright come on." They both walked inside, and up the stairs a few flights, Penny counting each one. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Only five flights, not that bad. Bucky led her down the hallway, to the very end, before coming to a door on the left. The number on the door read 518, and Penny made sure to remember that. Bucky quickly unlocked the door, and held it open so Penny could enter. 

When she first walked in, directly to the left was the kitchen and a table, three chairs situated around it. To the right was a small hallway, with what looked like two bedrooms and a bathroom. And lastly, in front of Penny was an area with a couch and chairs, a small TV mounted on a table, against the wall. There were a couple of windows, with sunlight streaming through. She heard the jangle of keys being thrown on a surface, and then Bucky's voice sounded out.

"So? What do you think?" 

"It's nice. I like it." 

"Good. That's good." He appeared around the corner with a glass of orange juice in his hands, jacket and gloves still on. "Here I'll show you your room." He set down his glass, and led her down the small hallway to the first door on the right. Inside the small room was a bed, pushed against the furthest wall in the corner, with small nightstand directly beside it. Directly to the left of the bed, was a bookshelf, fat and short, sitting in the corner. The walls were white, and very plain.